Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wagrain, Austria. Transfer and staying there.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Happy Xmas Snowheads! Will soon be Wagrain bound and have a couple of queries. Would be most grateful to receive advise on the following :

1. Bus transfer - will be arriving at Salzburg, then hope to jump on a shared bus transfer to Wagrain. I've done some research and came across Huber Reisen http://www.huberreisen.at/e-online-flughafentransfer.html, who offer a return transfer for €50, which seems reasonable. The thing is they want bank transfer pre-payment, so naturally I want to check if they are legit. Anyone used or heard of Huber Reisen?

2. Location - still to decide where to stay in Wagrain, or even in one of the surrounding hamlets. Want to be near a lift and would prefer to be close to the amenities. Have friends staying in Schwaighof, but that seems a little remote. Kirchboden seems to be a good base. Any tips?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi VoodooBob, off there myself on the 11th & will probably be using huberreisen for my transfer. Not used them recently, but have in years past for transfers to saalbach & found they were fine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
very good and 100 percent legit
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Nick and Frosty. Will give Huber a go.

Any thoughts on Kirchboden (or alternatives) as a base welcome!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
VoodooBob, can't help you there as new to the place myself. Have just booked the steinerwirt which seems to be on the main drag in the valley but has a ski bus stop outside.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
VoodooBob, my hausmeister is a driver for huber. It is a terrific service and excellent value
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks holidaylovverxx. I guess you reside in Flachau? What's your opinion on Schwaighof as a base?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Schwaighof is a bit out on a limb on the road between Wagrain and Flachau. The nearest lift would be the Rote 8er. So unless you have wheels you will be dependent on shank's pony or taxis if you want to partake in the Après down in Wagrain or over in Flachau. If you put "Schwaighof, Wagrain" into Google maps, you will see the exact location.

If you are self-catering you will need to shop in either Wagrain (Spar) or Flachau (Penny and M-Preis are the closest supermarkets), it will be a bus trip or a car ride to be honest. If you are in a hotel then I suspect you are on half-board and therefore it is only the Après that could be a bit quiet. There is a good restaurant and an Après bar at the bottom of the Rote 8er lifts. the Wilderer is the après bar, I don't know the name of the restaurant but it has a reasonable reputation locally.

Let me know if you need any other advice about the area VoodooBob, I'm here every weekend looking after apartments for friends. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VoodooBob, whatever Samerberg Sue says...I don't know it and sadly don't reside in flachau but have a holiday flat
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent info, thanks Samerberg Sue and holidayloverxx too!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy