Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Renting ski. What makes/models to try?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I've booked "premium" ski/boots package, which is supposedly brand new current season skies.

What models/make to try, provided there will be a choice?

Skiing mostly on piste (blue/red/blacks) with occasional 'light' off-piste (under a lift, etc)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think you will a huge choice of models especially in your size - I would try to get to the hire shop ASAP on reaching the resort - but from what I have seen I would not put together a 'wish list' - good luck though and hopefully you will get a good selection
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have particular wishes, contact the hire shop in advance by email or phone. They should reserve a pair for you - otherwise you will get what's left, which will probably be skis made just for hiring and, while in good condition, not the highest performers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most shops in Europe stock the Rossignol Experience range in large quantities. This is their all mountain range; so 70/30 to 50/50, piste/powder depending on width underfoot.

I happened to ski these for a weekend at the start of the season (the Experience 88), in good to firm piste conditions and very poor/little off-piste. They are very fun on piste - you can hammer them into a variety of turn shapes, hold a very strong edge and will go fast without complaints. The hors-piste conditions weren't great so they only got a look-in where they were average at best, but in fairness in the most difficult wind-crust conditions.

I would expect for your purposes that they would be perfect. If you wanted a more off-piste oriented you could size-up to the Experience 98, or see if they are renting the Dynastar Cham 87 or 97.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy