Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flaine 1st week in april

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sadly the only chance I will get to ski with my teenage daughter this year is the first week in April.
Has anybody skied Flaine this late before? What conditions can I expect and is it suitable for third time skiers, i.e okish on most red slopes

many thanks

Mark
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mark8500, most years you'll be fine, the first week of April. If it's the only time you can go, I'd go for it. You can expect spring conditions, maybe a bit icy first thing, and getting slushy in the afternoon, but the pistes should be fairly quiet and I'd always go for the first week in April over this New Year week or half term with crazy crowds.

Does it have to be Flaine? There are higher altitude resorts which would give you a better chance of really good conditions. Though having said that I have skied till at least mid April in an area that tops out at 2000m.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mark8500, Flaine main bowl faces north, so will be fine 1st week of april, most of rest of the grand massif will be fine as well, conditions will be as pam w, has said above. Last season had some fantastic powder that week, and trees in les carroz were wonderful. Its is also blissfully quiet, you can have pistes to yourself at times Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Totally agree, I went the last 5 days of the season in late April and the conditions were fantastic. Stayed in Les Carroz and the runs back there were beautiful.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
steviet865, yeah but..... last season was phenomenal and the deepest late season snow in the last 12 years (at least). Can't assume it'll always be like that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've chosen Flaine three times for April ski trips (first or second weeks) and not been disappointed. Love the reds there and Les Carroz too Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
aw cool, this is sounding promising. Hopefully i'll be ok waiting until late on to book up. Cant wait to dust off the old skis
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skiied Flaine week 16th march last year, snow was fantastic then and I believe was still fab well into April, so fingers crossed you get lucky too
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy