Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Hardshell that wont break the bank?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I dont mind buying off ebay for more expensive ones, but any reccomends for a ski/snowboard jacket?

I had a North Face Bansko last year which was ok, but sold it straight away.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a couple of recent threads you could checkout.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mountain Equipment Changabang, one of the most respected jackets out there for mountaineering but also has a zip out snowskirt and sleeve lift pass pocket. The hood folds into the collar and works great over a helmet. You can get them for approx £200 in the sales, mine is 7 years old and going strong.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=91266

My review of the Flylow baker and quantum setup, might be of use?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avalanche Poodle, which sales? don't think I've ever seen them below £350ish!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davkt, I bought mine for about £280 I think, got a mountaineering club discount. Someone here bought theirs for £200, I've seen certain sizes come up around that price from time to time. If you happen to be an XL in size there is one for £254 here http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/mountain-equipment/mens-changabang-gtx-pro-jacket/228412?gclid=CKeQs7zU1rsCFa3KtAodQH8APg

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 30-12-13 1:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or http://www.hillanddaleoutdoors.co.uk/productDetail.php?productId=1792&brand=11&gclid=CP7uwtzU1rsCFfMPtAodGV4AIQ at £299. Just google the jacket, click on shopping and sort by price. It's not really the season for discounts going into the winter though, early summer seems to be the best time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've posted this before but check campsaver.com to see if they still have Mountain Hardwear Drystein Ii jackets for usd 260 (60% off). eVent improved by MH, excellent shell.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
this is a great buy too http://www.craigdonmountainsports.com/haglofs-mens-couloir-ii-jacket?gclid=CKbMotrj17sCFZLKtAodsg4AFw
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got a new with tags 2013 Changabang on Ebay from a seller who seems like an online version of the old ME Magic Mountain shop in Glossop. It was a seconds as they had got a bit carried away with the glue and sealed the inside pocket shut but a couple of min of gentle persuasion sorted that out. £175, very happy with that!
Very quick delivery and a friendly seller worth keeping an eye on http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mountainrangeuk/ as he says he gets seconds in every now and then.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nice, I only paid a little more than that for my Changabang and I love it. You do need a really good selection of base/mid layers though to cater for differing conditions.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

ME Magic Mountain shop in Glossop

They still do seconds/end of line/sample sales in Manchester quite regularly.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Claude B, Yep, I tend to run fairly hot so a hard shell should make life easier to stay comfortable with my good selection of merino t shirts and jumpers from the Smedleys factory sale (the stuff they sell to fashion victims in London for a couple of hundred quid is less than 1/10 that price when they have a factory clearout and makes good sports wear under a shell!) and a few proper base and mid layers.
galpinos, Yep, wonder if that is where the ebay guy gets his stock? I never seem to get myself organised enough to spot their sales and get to them, its hard enough to make it over to the RAB shop which is only about 8 miles away and opens the same 3 days every week for a couple of hours a day!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy