Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll experts required.

Poster: A snowHead
Going to Soll 22 nd January for a few days. I have performed a search but still have a number of questions that I'm sure you Snowheads can answer. Looks like i might be in for a few late nights.

*Car hire or public transport from Salzburg. Car will cost us £60 each and has all the flexibility that comes with that.

*Recommend a nice centrally located two star hotel for bed and beakfast, family run always good.

*Recommend good value but tidy restaurants, pizza, pasta, steak jugs of vino etc

*Anything else I should know.

Thanks in advance guys.

Ciao

Just realised how easy I am to please
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ian bloomfield, Car hire definitely wins otherwise it's a taxi to Salzburg train station and then another taxi from Worgl or even Kufstein at the other end... a load of messing around and I reckon a car is useful in Soll.

There are loads of central places to stay although I can't name the gasthofs (not sure 2 star exists) - best call the tourist office or go to www.soell.at - alternative is to look at a hotel up by the gondola station like the Schirast on the basis that it is easier to walk into town for apres ski in the evenings than it is to yomp from the centre of the village each morning to ski. Schirast is also bang next to the night skiing which I highly recommend.

Village is small and there are a few restaurants that you'll soon discover all for yourself... best deal is still to go for half board though.

Just a thought... I think this co-incides with Hahnemkann week-end and Soll gets a lot of the overspill from Kitz... best book soon!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ian bloomfield, We've stayed in 3 star hotels, which are really cheap in Soll. We stayed B&B at the Tenne Garni which is just up towards the lift on the main road and fairly basic but family run. We also stayed HB at the Feldwebel which is on the main square. It has really nice rooms but is a bit bigger but still family run. This hotel has a good restaurant, there is also an Italian just beind this hotel which was good, sorry I can't remember the name but Soll is small and you won't miss it. I will try and find out though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've stayed in:
Schonblick, basic but good. Very good boot room/drying room with separate ski room. Right on the main road so ideally placed for walking 200m into town or about the same to the nursery slope.

Niederacher, hotel and farm a good few hundred yards up the hill the wrong side of the village but runs a minibus transfer straight to the slopes each morning. The walk can be off putting though, especially after a good night's apres ski.

Sporthotel Modlinger, the best of the 3 but then you pay for it. Great hotel & food, has a sauna as well as an excellent bar. Our group may well be back there the same week as you're looking at.

For food in the village they're all good, excellent Italian restaurant on the main road for a more formal meal, very nice little pizza (no booking so can be tricky getting a seat but they do takeaway as well) place just up from Hotel Austria (good bar, pool tables, darts, internet terminal, live music one night a week). Dorf Stuben has an open fireplace and a huge Woodchopper mixed grill.

The nightclub, Whiskey Muhle is a great laugh, as is the Salvenstadl bar on the corner opposite the slopes, stop in there for a swift one on the way home each night.
The swimming pool is great, well worth the walk, it's up by the nursery slopes slightly away from the village. There's something special about sitting in the outside pool with snow settling on your head watching people ski down at the end of the day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

as is the Salvenstadl bar on the corner opposite the slopes, stop in there for a swift one on the way home each night.

Or a swift 5 Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the tips guys, I have found that most hotels aren't that keen on part week b&b ers. Looking at apartments which seem very flexible and reasonably priced.

58 more sleeps!!Yay
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ian bloomfield, If it is not too late and appropiate Munich is a better arrival point. From Munich you catch the train to Kufstein and then the local bus to Soll. Munich to Soll probably around 3 hours. (Other Snowheads may have better info on this) You don't need really need a car here as the the ski-buses provide an excellent service.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DAVID SNELL, thanks for the tip but booked Stansted > Salzburg £50 return. Hire car £129 for five days. Hire car split two ways doesn't represent bad value I reckon.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Dorf Stuben

second this, food and service here is excellent, busy though, so you need to pick your time, or even better sit at the bar with a warming drink while you wait Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
55 more sleeps.

having a little trubble finding accom for less than a week stay, fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As FenlandSkier says, the swimming pool (Panoramabad) is well worth a visit. The indoor pool has various massage jets and the outdoor pool is like a hot bath! Fantastic after a hard days skiing.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got booked into here http://www.manorhaus-apartments.com/Apartments.html recommended previously on this site by Clive Ward.

looks very tidy and have done us a deal for a part week.

had trouble finding anywhere that does part weeks. some places say that they start for min 1 night on anyday but when you ask they say no thanks.

happy days.

53 more sleeps.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Will be in Soll w/c 14/01/05 and will post some photos and comments on my return (if I can figure out how to add attachments!). Very glad to hear your comments about the Modlinger, FENLANDSKIER, as we're staying there. Is it close to Gondola/bus stop?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
22 more sleeps
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Durham Red, bus stop is right outside the hotel and drops you off at the gondola station so there's very little walking involved unless you want to of course. We sometimes grabbed a taxi (minibus) back from the slopes rather than hanging around 15mins for a bus, they are cheap enough if there's a few of you.
snow report
FenlandSkier,

Thanks - funny how 2 weeks can seem like an eternity when you can't wait to get onto the slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy