Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Michael Schumacher "Gravely injured" in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Another

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/schumacher-out-of-coma-and-recognising-wife
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not true unfortunately.
https://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formel-1-wildes-ger%C3%BCcht-um-wachen-schumi-152616591--f1.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10872163/Michael-Schumacher-fans-warned-not-to-expect-good-news.html

Sad Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So based on the fact that the last statement was made on April 4th, the former F1 doctor says everything is bad? In other words the telegraph have got absolutely nothing to report and accordingly have reported it!

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, not quite anyway.

The F1 Doctor chap has blogged that the absence of any news suggests no good news to report. A reasonable assumption of him to make.

He then show stats for brain injuries that state that if you are in a coma this long into the injury then the outcome is pretty bleak unfortunately. So he is making the assumption that no news means MS is still not showing sign of real consciousness
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pretty bleak = [approaching] zero.
We knew that months ago.

Steilhang, Cracking post BTW. (;>)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If I remember right, this guy was making whole lot of "assumptions" in last few months... I guess missing attention is bi**ch. He made several claims, not just assumptions, how French doctors basically scr**ew up everything on beginning already, just to withdraw them few days later trying to make his claims look "just his opinion which might not be accurate". Thing is, this guy has zero information, so he's as credible as any reporter of any yellow newspaper, even if he was "ex F1 doctor".
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Latest official news is that he out of coma and has left hospital....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27868787
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent news!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fantastic, lets hope all goes smoothly for him now.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Reading various reports - this means that he is not in immediate danger of death, but the long term prospects seem pretty bleak now Crying or Very sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is this actually good news? If I understand correctly they could have brought him out of a coma ages ago if they had wished. I certainly didn't get the impression from the BBC article that he is conscious in the sense that we would understand it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
been released today, apparnetly he can ''communicate with his enviroment''
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Foxtrot, yes , reading between the lines it would seem that there is still something seriously wrong still, when it talks about " long phase of rehabilitation" away from the public view, and "long hard fight". I wish him all the best with that, but I wonder if he'll ever been seen in public again.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hope so.. but i don't think so.. rolling eyes
ski holidays
As others say I doubt we will ever see him in public again now, that is not to say I dont wish him all the best in recovery.
latest report
+1
snow conditions
Waking up from a Coma takes a long time anyway, the body almost resets itselt and has to learn everything again (except unconcious actions such as blinking, breathing and a heartbeat) it can take months to learn to do even the most simple thing again - and that's talking about a natural coma.

Waking from an un natural coma can take even longer - waking from any coma it isn't like the Movies where you wake up and can talk and move etc. it is an incredibly unimaginably long road.
snow conditions
Seems he's out of his coma ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27868787
snow conditions
Sadly, still a grim prognosis from former f1 doc...

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/

Oddly, BBC news doesn't mention communicating with his family so this may not be true.
snow report
As mentioned above theres a huge difference between coming out of a coma and recovery. I would imagine that he is no longer regarded as needing the critical care he was getting in Grenoble and has thus been transfered to Lausanne which is closer to hi families home, the fact that there have been no pictures of him or interviews with his family suggest that he's still in a bad way and that any further recovery will be a long term thing.
snow report
Well I watched "Crash Reel" recently, so given the tight privacy the Schumacher's are keeping, there may be good news yet.

As I have said before, anything not officially announced is just speculation, so I will continue to hope for the best.
latest report
Yes, but heart of hearts, It would have been better for all if he'd died on the day. The chances of recovery are about the same as mine, zero. Not even 'approaching' zero.
snow report
^^ Sorry, but which ever way you look, mine are zero, and I ain't in a fkn coma.
snow conditions
allanm, From my point of view on a purely personal level (as in thinking about myself), very true, and your non coma spell deserves a toast of 'F**k fate!'

Admittedly, at least Michael has been spared further inner tip lead debate.
latest report
Scarpa, FFS, 'inner tip lead', doesn't bare thinking about... F*ck Fate! Tooo right!! ..... I'm up for that!
snow conditions
Good man.

We can always choose our attitude Smile
snow conditions
Quote:

Yes, but heart of hearts, It would have been better for all if he'd died on the day

I'd agree with that. I wouldn't wish that fate for myself, nor his family's fate for mine. I have a Lasting Power of Attorney for personal welfare and health and my attorneys have been told to pull the plug.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The medical files relating to Michael Schumacher are allegedly being offered for sale, see BBC News.
Knowing the high journalistic standards of the popular press, I'm sure no newspaper would buy such confidential information.....
snow report
Alastair Pink, It would be really disappointing if any newspaper were to buy and release them. I think the media have already been far too intrusive in the MS situation. His accident and subsequent treatment is not 'in the public interest' and should have remained far more private.
snow report
In another unpleasant chapter, scammers are currently circulating a story that MS has died, with a link to a bogus story site - just so they can earn a few pennies from through traffic ads... *shudder*
snow report
A man was arrested this week on suspicion of stealing and selling Schumachers medical files has been found hanged in his cell. The as yet unnamed man was a manager at Swiss air rescue firm who were originally approached about transferring Schumacher from the hospital in Grenoble to Lausanne.
snow conditions
On local Swiss radio he's being moved to his own home end of summer and has begun communicating by blinking. It's going to be a long road ahead.
snow conditions
Good news - Schumi leaves hospital:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29130742
snow report
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/09/sport/motorsport/michael-schumacher-condition/index.html?c=worldsport
latest report
Finally some good news about Michael Schumacher: "F1 hero Michael Schumacher can lead 'relatively normal life' soon, says former Ferrari boss

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/f1-hero-michael-schumacher-can-4395046#ixzz3FT1tSbVU

I hope it's true.
ski holidays
Quote:
It is understood he remains immobile and unable to speak.

Doesn't sound great Sad
latest report
Alastair Pink, have been reading retractions on that in the German press today. That was not what Jean Todt said apparently. What he did say is it is to be hoped that he will be able to lead a normal life, or words to that effect. He was misquoted. So no, there is no good news from Schumacher.
ski holidays
Michael Schumachers health care costs are said to be 125,000 euros / week according to press reports. His wife, Corina, has been forced to sell the couples holiday home in Norway and his private jet. The chalet in Meribel will also be sold according to German magazine Bunte.
ski holidays
I think about this case quite a lot, because it's a very interesting one in relation to helmets and possible 'risk compensation'. There are plenty of photos of Schumacher skiing without a helmet, but on this occasion he was wearing one.

His decision to divert from a piste to what appears from the photo [if it's correct] ...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/01/article-2531537-1A5E821500000578-490_634x377.jpg

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2531537/Dramatic-moment-Michael-Schumacher-airlifted-hospital-following-skiing-accident-left-F1-ace-fighting-life.html

... to have been quite sketchy terrain with snow-covered rocks and exposed rocks, must have been a marginal one. That decision to risk it would have been made in a second or two, with his brain inside his helmet. I wonder if his naked head would have said 'no'?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy