Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Michael Schumacher "Gravely injured" in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Maybe he fell down the slope. You can travel a long distance when the slope is falling away .........

Of course. But the implication is that he was 'thrown' i.e. airborne for 34 feet.
As for the steepness of the piste, yes, the overall grade for the runs are Red/Blue but whilst there are steep sections above, the section where he fell was not on the steepest bit of the slope hence my comment.
There is a very good video on one of the daily newspaper's online page - sorry can't remember which one - where there are good reference points to the angle of the slope (like bunches of journalists and investigators standing around). I'm not questioning the nature or causes of the accident - just the flipping ongoing crud from the papers with a good sprinkling of 'thrown' 'horrific' etc for good measure.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the area the accident happened is not steep.

the area above it was steeper.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10669572/Schumacher-now-unlikely-to-make-a-full-recovery-say-brain-experts.html

Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The telegraph indulging in pure speculation once again. Nothing to report, so let dig up some experts who will say something expert about a Patient they have never even looked at rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steilhang, it is speculation, but the DT makes it very clear that it is speculation. It is however quite well informed speculation bearing in mind the background of those quoted. I see nothing wrong with an expert making a statement along the lines of ...'....bearing in mind what we have been told I think it us unlikely that ......'. That seems a reasonable comment to me. That are not saying MS will not make a full recovery, just that it is looking increasingly less likely.

Thee has been plenty of shoddy journalism surrounding this sorry tale, but I don't think this article is necessarily part of it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The article even contains the sentence "Other experts said it was premature to make an accurate prognosis." which hardly engenders a lot of faith in it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foxtrotzulu, so we have an article which tells us exactly nothing new about the current state of MS, and goes on to state that it's all pure speculation... Think I won't be running out to pay money for that then.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steilhang,
The telegraph may be basing a lot on a little, but my reading is that it is following a new statement from his agent stating that he is still in the wake up phase.
So there is some new information, doesn't sound very hopeful unfortunately.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PeteMan, Steilhang, Actually, I think the article was helpful. I certainly understand more about the likely prognosis than I did before.

Suppose a person falls overboard from a North Sea ferry. 12 hours later doctors and survival experts comment on the possibility of that person still being alive after x hours in the water. Their comments are valid and informed. They are helpful to others. However, quite clearly they do not know the actual well being of the person in the water. I can't see the problem.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A couple of related posts from Gary Heartsen former Formula 1 doctor.

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2014/02/24/perplexity/

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2014/02/25/you-guys-are-pretty-amazing/

Perhaps more interesting for his comments on the medical issues rather than his views on PR.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nozawaonsen, I thought his comments on the PR side were interesting too. I simply don't get the idea that MS's fans made any meaningful contribution to his success and I certainly don't think MS's wife has any responsibility to them. I imagine she has slightly more important things on her mind right now than a bunch of dysfunctional weirdos, some of whom staged a daft birthday vigil outside his hospital.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not good.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10683013/Michael-Schumacher-only-a-miracle-can-save-him.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

dysfunctional weirdos, some of whom staged a daft birthday vigil outside his hospital.

a bit harsh! I am not remotely interested in F1 and I do agree that "fandom" can be a daft business but that kind of response, when somebody you think a lot of is fighting for his life, is not exactly "daft". It's dafter, IMV, when people do it after somebody has died when it will definitely do them no good at all to pile up flowers and teddies in the street. After all, it was entirely possible that the patient would be aware, at some level, of their support. It now looks unlikely, given the extent of the damage, that that would have been the case but, just as his wife has been in to see and talk to MS, that is surely a more human reaction than simply ignoring him?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What is the correct level of support? If nobody gave a monkey's I doubt the Schumacher family would appreciate that either.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim wrote:
Not good.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10683013/Michael-Schumacher-only-a-miracle-can-save-him.html

Yep, just read that myself Sad Sad Sad Sad Tragic

Whatever your views are, I personally think the comatosed Scumacher will be taking a trip back home to Switzerland very soon.
snow conditions
If I were his wife I'm not sure I'd want him to survive with the extent of disability that seems inevitable, in the "best" outcome that he survives. In fact, I'm sure I wouldn't. And would he have wanted that? Would anybody? Sad
latest report
Just hope he eventually pulls through Sad
snow conditions
Still no official announcements, only speculation and rumour, so given what his family have said in the past, I will continue to be optimistic and hopeful for his family.
snow report
thecramps wrote:
Still no official announcements, only speculation and rumour, so given what his family have said in the past, I will continue to be optimistic and hopeful for his family.

+1
snow conditions
Well I hope he comes out of it, but it's really not looking good - experts quoted as saying that the majority of people in a coma for this length of time do not have a good outcome.
snow report
Sounds like he's busy teaching Gene Hunt how to drive that Quattro Sad
snow conditions
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26541565

"Encouraging signs" apparently.
snow report
As much as I wish it didn't, that statement reads "No change" to me.
snow report
and this is an official statement rather than the garbage the papers have been publishing recently.
snow report
Richard_Sideways,
Quote:

As much as I wish it didn't, that statement reads "No change" to me.

Pretty much agree though I would say little change rather than no change. Family being confident that he will wake up sounds as if he has definitely not woken up nearly three months after the accident. Not Good I'm afraid.
snow report
Quote:
There sometimes are small, encouraging signs, but we also know that this is the time to be very patient
Horrible wating day after day for some sign - any sign - of progress.
My sympathies.
snow conditions
The regular updates fade away but the family obviously have to go on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592156/Michael-Schumachers-wife-builds-10million-medical-suite-mansion-look-stricken-F1-Ace-leaves-hospital-told-unlikely-wake.html

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 1-04-14 21:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
I think that's terribly sad. It'll be a sort of living mausoleum. Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, very very sad.
snow report
Poor bloke. Poor family
latest report
I hate the idea of that poor lad, living with the wasting, dying, shell of the champion that was his father. When will he be able to start mourning his loss?
ski holidays
pam w, I would hope that in similar circumstances, I would have the courage to let go.
snow report
I will stick to my posts on this thread, No official info, therefore, everything "out there" is nothing short of speculation and rumour. He is alive and I continue to hope for the best, just as I would if it was someone I had never heard of.
ski holidays
thecramps, 100% agree
snow report
Whilst I am in general agreement with thecramps, particulalry in regard to hoping for the best, I can't help think that without the celebrity/financial ability, the prognosis would have led most to accept that there was no chance of recovery to any degree. I've not read all the reports etc, but were a patient to be on life support, with no change at all likely, IMHO, it would be best to allow a dignified death and an opportunity to mourn.

Whatever the outcome, one has to feel extremely sad for the family, relatives and close friends. It is hard to imagine what they must be going through.
latest report
Except Louis Theroux's documentary on Snday (?) where he followed a number of people who were in hospital critically I'll.

One chap was never going to wake up - clear as day.

Couple of months later he did

A "miracle"
snow conditions
sev112, I saw that too and was thinking his case while reading the new posts in this thraed. The young man in the film had a near miraculous recovery. As the doctors suggested at the time, he was a million-to-one chance, and they suspected that his recovery was down to his age, although it was quite clear to see that he would be suffering the effects of his brain injury for a very long time, if not for the rest of his life.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways,

Worryingly (?) I cried when the chap before him got married in the hospital and then they said he died 3 days later - couldn't stop myself. - freaky for a 47 year old man!

The miracle guy was walking around - albeit slowly , his body has to learn to do everything again and he has to rebuild the neural networks for everything again.

I am hoping that MS will also slowly recover, and hope that his inherent fitness and intelligence will help. I am sure that his family would welcome a slowly walking around dad/husband,

After seeing the LT programme, I think I at least now have some hope that he could still come through
snow report
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26885624

"Conscious moments" according to his agent.
snow report
Another

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602301/British-skier-dies-French-Alps-falling-17-feet-hitting-head-rock.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy