Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Michael Schumacher "Gravely injured" in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
^^ Yes, I'm aware of that, then again I would be, wouldn't I..?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, We agree, we've done that. It's not nice to consider such things, but no one is immune. As MS's accident has shown, things can happen to anyone.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, well said, a very good point.
Just to add, it costs nothing to set up, it is only under the unfortunate circumstance that its needed that you pay a fee.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

then again I would be, wouldn't I..?

yes, because you are gravely ill. Sad But any of us, whatever our circumstances, could find ourselves unconscious in a bed, with brain-damage (maybe after a stroke) and unable to make our own decisions about medical treatment; it doesn't just happen to other people. I don't understand why so many people who will talk a storm about what they would want, or not want, should the worst happen don't bother to complete one of these eminently straightforward Powers of Attorney.

I have one for personal welfare, one for finance (both now registered at the Court of Protection so I could be sure I hadn't made any errors) and they are lodged at the local solicitors along with my Will.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^ Sorry, sometimes emotion get the better.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
allanm, Nowt to be sorry about Smile Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
again, just to be clear. you can fill in the forms, sign everything off. you dont need to register them anywhere.get the forms signed and in the unfortunate event you need them then you pay to enact them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BBC Breakfast news were chatting about this this morning. I was getting my daughter ready for school so didnt catch it all but an English expert apparently said he could still go on to make a full recovery

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25940600
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott, I'm not an expert of course, but I'm very doubtful that he'll be the same person even he becomes reasonably functional. Beverley Turner's articles on James Cracknell's (her husband) recovery from similar circumstances are illuminating. (James was a near neighbour of mine in his teens, and his parents until very recently.)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ianbradders wrote:
again, just to be clear. you can fill in the forms, sign everything off. you dont need to register them anywhere.get the forms signed and in the unfortunate event you need them then you pay to enact them.

Just looking into this ourselves. You're right that you don't *need* to get the things registered in the first instance; however if you wait until you're incapacitated and there is a mistake, you might as well not have bothered in the first place as they will be rejected. Better to register them and include a clause stating that the POA won't come into force until you are incapacitated
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
laundryman, I watched the recent pair of progs that James did with Ben Fogle in the desert. It was plain for all to see that James was facing challenges with changes to his personality. Fogle did well not to bat him! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

You're right that you don't *need* to get the things registered in the first instance; however if you wait until you're incapacitated and there is a mistake, you might as well not have bothered in the first place as they will be rejected.

that was my reasoning too - I have registered both my POAs - I think it cost £150 or £175 each.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25938347 - interesting read...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dia_FindTransfers, sad to read this.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
xyzpaul, indeed Sad
ski holidays
I know... Can't imagine what his wife and kids are going through... Sad
snow conditions
Indeed, awful for family and for his kids.

I've posted this before on SH, long before Schumacher's accident, since it's an important example of accident, induced coma and recovery. A real triumph of high quality medical treatment and sheer guts on Danny's part. Danny's induced coma was for 2 weeks. An instructor friend in CH has a racing acquaintance who was in an induced coma for a month, and who has made the same kind of recovery as Danny. But of course, each case is individual, both in respect of the physics of the accident, the response of the body, and the treatment regime. But Danny's experience is ultimately a positive one.

Best wishes to MS and his family - thoughts with them all.

Danny's film:

http://youtube.com/v/VZnALI7Lz1A
snow report
Read in the local paper that they were bringing Michael out of the coma.

http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.nach-skiunfall-langsam-aus-koma-geholt-arzt-bestaetigt-schumacher-wird-aufgeweckt.1ad02961-1380-46c8-8d3b-f46b862dfb1c.html
snow report
I am not sure if this has been posted earlier but is a great story of the long road to recovery. It is a documentary called The Crash Reel. Forget that he is a snowboarder and remember he is a human being.

http://viooz.co/movies/20814-the-crash-reel-2013.html

this link should work.
snow conditions
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10604764/Michael-Schumacher-being-woken-up-from-artificial-coma-according-to-French-reports.html

DB, same here
snow report
This has been confirmed by his manager, reported on Sky!
ski holidays
Quote:
Forget that he is a snowboarder and remember he is a human being
Because the two are, ordinarily, mutually exclusive wink ??
ski holidays
According to the lunchtime news, Michael Schumacher has responded positively. Apparently he's managed to park his bed at an angle in front of the doors to prevent anybody getting past...
snow report
Whilst appreciating the seriousness of MS situation and the impact on family/friends, that did make me chuckle Laughing
snow conditions
Oh, it's a serious condition alright, and one I've seen first-hand: when I was considerably younger, my brother sledged into a tree buried in a snowdrift and, unfortunately, didn't make it through. Every year there are people killed on slopes. Others die crossing the road. And there are some that die sitting on their sofa watching Countdown. You only get one life and, in my humblest of opinions, it's best to get out there and live it. If MS pulls through, there's going to be a hell of a lot of happy people, myself included. In the event that he doesn't, then he'll have still had an amazing life, lived to the full. And you really, really can't ask for more than that.
ski holidays
twodogs, nice post, good sentiment and relevant perspective Smile
snow conditions
twodogs, Cacciatore, +1
ski holidays
twodogs, +1, nicely put.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks all :0)
ski holidays
laundryman wrote:
twodogs, +1, nicely put.

Agreed
ski holidays
+ another, must have been an awful experience.
snow conditions
twodogs wrote:
Others die crossing the road. And there are some that die sitting on their sofa watching Countdown.

What a terrible way to go. Sad
ski holidays
DB, dunno, might be less painful than living through watching it Laughing
ski holidays
twodogs wrote:
Oh, it's a serious condition alright, and one I've seen first-hand: when I was considerably younger, my brother sledged into a tree buried in a snowdrift and, unfortunately, didn't make it through. Every year there are people killed on slopes. Others die crossing the road. And there are some that die sitting on their sofa watching Countdown. You only get one life and, in my humblest of opinions, it's best to get out there and live it. If MS pulls through, there's going to be a hell of a lot of happy people, myself included. In the event that he doesn't, then he'll have still had an amazing life, lived to the full. And you really, really can't ask for more than that.

Thank you - humbling in every way.
snow conditions
mountainaddict, ah yes we snowboarders are super human in our eyes. wink sorry to detract from the original post.
I agree wholeheartedly with twodogs, you have a brief moment on this planet and it should be spent doing what you love with the people you love.
latest report
DB wrote:
twodogs wrote:
Others die crossing the road. And there are some that die sitting on their sofa watching Countdown.

I think the audience are more familiar with near-death experience than most of us...!

Charliefoxtrot wrote:
you have a brief moment on this planet and it should be spent doing what you love with the people you love.

This. Absolutely. Wear a helmet. Don't wear a helmet. It may save your life, but it probably won't help much if you hit something harder than bone* face on. But enjoy it either way. And look out for others.

* you have no idea how tempted I was to type 'boner' there.
snow conditions
DB wrote:
twodogs wrote:
And there are some that die sitting on their sofa watching Countdown.

One can only hope that anyone who does die whilst watching Countdown does at least do so having cracked the Countdown Conundrum. And that it was in the Rachel Reilly rather than Voorderman era.
ski holidays
Is anyone watching the 8 out of 10 cats version?
snow report
When I lived in France, I used to watch the original, des chiffres et des lettres. Needless to say, I watched it with subtitles on, being the densoid that I am and it was useless. Half the time they'd come up with, for example, a six letter word, but the English translation had a completely different number of letters. Shocked
snow report
Hells Bells, yes - its ok, but not as good as normal 8 out of 10 cats IMO
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy