Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Touring type binding compatible with atomic's integrated system?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, I like the idea of being able to move around the mountain a bit more then an alpine binding allows. I own a pair of atomic nomads, which have an integrated binding system, I think this means that to get a touring binding I need to get a flat ski on which to mount them, or does it? Is there any compatible binding that would allow a me to unlock the heel? Any info is appreciated Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brenkerry, You can take the mounting system off, get the holes plugged properly and fit 'Tech' bindings. Atomic sell Blackeyes and Nomads flat.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brenkerry, Maybe a possibility? http://www.backcountryaccess.com/products/avalanche-safety/alpine-trekkers/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As Masque says, simply remove the rail system & fit any touring binding you like. Best to check to mounting locations for conflicts prior to making an expensive binding purchase then finding you need to mount it way out of position.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the answers, I considered the alpine trekker adapter or similar, but with the bindings already raised off the ski, I'd be about 6 inches off the snow with the adapter Laughing . I think I'll accept defeat in finding a nice simple answer, and save up for the right skis and bindings for the job, rather then butchering a pair of piste skis.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brenkerry, A ski's a ski, you won't be butchering anything. You can put an AT binding on a slalom ski for those days when you have to play on piste. If you like the Nomads and they are more than a couple of seasons old then the resale value is not huge and you are not going to gain much by buying another ski . . . unless you want some of those faux snowboards I see on some.

There's nothing complicated about removing a system mount, why not give spyderjon a call at his office (link in his sig) and talk it through.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe butcher was too strong a word, what I was attempting to say was, I'll leave the atomic's as they are, as I'm quite happy with them, as I would be buying a decent pair of bindings either way, I might as well hold off for a while and get some nice light skis designed with touring in mind, this way I can match the bindings and ski etc.

I guess I was hoping that a cheap compatible binding existed(wishful), if it was I was unhappy I could always revert to the old reliable, since that's not the case, I might as well do it right.

Thanks for the advise anyway.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brenkerry, I've removed the rack that comes with an intergrated binding system from several sets of skis. I've always found that the ski performs better after the mod.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy