Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Am going to schladming for two days skiing. Am a good intermediate skier. What should l ski for maximum enjoyment? Also I enjoy good après ski. Is there anything I should not miss?
Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 24-12-13 16:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For après the Hohenhaus Tenne is hard to miss.

http://www.tenne.com/schladming-tenne.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hauber Kaisling is the mountain to the left of the Planai which overlooks Schladming. Takes about an hour to ski over there. Been to Schladming 5 times and we were a group of very good intermediates bordering on advanced. The whole area is great but Hauber was our favourite, it was superb. Maybe not for your black run adrenalin junkies, but if you like challenging long reds you will love it.w
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The womens downhill course on Hauser Kaibling and the black from the top of Reiteralm should do you well. Best you amend the thread title as well and add an H, invitation for p!ss take and thread diversion otherwise Very Happy Click on one of the icons next to the time of your post.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet Fez, just fully read your post. An hour to get to Hauser Kaibling, you must spend more time in cafs drinking than us. I find it all a bit samey on the front side apart from the womens course, nice wide reds though. Reiteralm is my favourite Schladders mountain, nice and varied and less busy. I admit the bottom bit aint great though, windy flat roads.

margaret, do visit the Schwalbenbräu, micro brewery and restaurant, even if it is just to look at the shiny copper and brass brewery Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
more info here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104302
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Huttohut, the hour was more aimed at the hour to get back because of the really long drag lift which was one of our few moans about the area. The one you had to take at the and of gbe long road track. Been 5 years since I have been there so possibly been updated.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The one to get back up towards the Planai at Mitterhaus? Has been replaced by an 6 or 8 man chair now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's great it was very much needed. Having put a hard days skiing in it was along old drag and quite steep at the top. Very Happy We had a few who didn't quite make it to the end, wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't forget Hochwurzen - a new gondola this year. In 2 days I'd just aim to do 2 hills of the 4 each day. Make sure you do the run back to Schladming town, either red or black. The black is normally fine, quite steep at the end.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just like to thank everyone for the info on this and the thread i started a few weeks ago . just praying for more snow now . rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tim000, Looks as if there should be some fresh snow in the coming week.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
any chance of a meter before 4 jan followed by a week of blues skys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/Au4oM7LToRQ quite useful .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the webcams were saying it was -1 this afternoon . now showing as +5 Sad
snow conditions
tim000, cooled down already. Looks like a small temp inversion. Sometimes in calm conditions you see quite warm temps early evening creeping up the mountain as the warmer air in the valley rises up or the cooler are sinks. I've seen this from watching webcams too much. Looks like some snow Sunday with cooler temps and then more unsettled weather setting in though staying slightly on the warm side. Most of the austrian northern sectors work best in north to north westerly weather (or easterly), at the moment the weather is coming in from the south through to the west, fizzles out before it gets to most of austria. I'm sure the piste will be fine, off piste must be needing some top up, not been their myself for a few weeks.

the GFS ensemble shows colder and snowier sunday and then the slightly above average temps setting in.
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/schladming

but this which is based on same GFS run suggest quite coole temps?
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/schladming
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy