Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you do on a draglift ?

Poster: A snowHead
PowderHound171, Welcome to Snowheads !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PowderHound171, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Jonpim, you're a hooligan wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian Hopkinson, It's worse than that, he's a doctor rolling eyes

Hi PowderHound171, welcome to bedlam Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sam does a 360. The lifts from La Rosiere to La Thuile last year lifted him off the ground for about 50m. By the end of the week he had learned how to control the swing and turn right around so that he was facing forwards again before he touched down.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier, How do I get permission to look at your photos?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all - first time posting. As with others, drag lifts are the bane of my life. Having developed a reputation for falling off in my early years, I approach each drag with a sense of foreboding and it comes as a blessed relief to reach the end. rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand, Welcome to snowHead . You will find many here that share your view of the evil drag lift!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're teleing you can tele uphill to keep with the purist aspect of the sport and pretend you're earning your turns. However its actually too knackering after a while & is just as sad as slaloming.

Re the slalomers out there I'm sure you'd change your mind after some **** has bounced the cable off and you've had a 500ft bootpack to get out of a bowl at the end of the day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If new to resort, I will probably be checking the piste map. Otherwise, I'll quite often collect poles deliberately planted by others for their friends to pick up but whose friends have been unable to do so Toofy Grin .
If bored (usually occurs after about 3 seconds) I will sometimes sing and maybe dance a bit.
A friend of mine has actually been known to fall asleep on drag lifts Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've spent years toying with the idea of spinning around on a flatter bit and going up backwards after I saw a French guy do it on the LDA glacier. Still toying.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Caspar,
Quote:

If new to resort, I will probably be checking the piste map. Otherwise, I'll quite often collect poles deliberately planted by others for their friends to pick up but whose friends have been unable to do so .
If bored (usually occurs after about 3 seconds) I will sometimes sing and maybe dance a bit.
A friend of mine has actually been known to fall asleep on drag lifts

Do I know you?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In a slightly earlier existence I used to really enjoy a smoke. Given up now though so that's another pleasure denied.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hold on
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carled,
Quote:
(Foret I & II?) twin drags that start at Serre Che at about 2100m just after the bubble up from the main village (1400) last year because they're such evil lifts. Lightning fast start followed by stupidly steep gradient and a nice 60 degree turn halfway up on an adverse camber, followed by crossing a busy run from the chairlift to one side and ending with a ridiculously steep pitch right up at the top.

I can't say I had a problem with that lift, but it seems to be a general thing that all the drag lifts in Serre Che are dodgy. There is one at the bottom of the mountain (Mickey) which lifts you off the snow at the beginning :s
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I contemplate what effect a drag lift has on a snowboarders sperm count. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Mamcoz, Inhibition and dressing up not a problem for us snowboarders, doesn't effect our delivery service one bit. wink

Welcome snowHead
snow report
Mamcoz, so he says... wink
snow report
When staying in Cervinia but skiing in Zermatt I rather brilliantly managed to miss the last cable car back to the border... my only option was to take the 4km drag... about halfway up I spotted a huge (about 20 euros) of dropped change on the floor... my miser side wanted me to leap off and collect the money but then I'd have lost another 100 boarding in Zermatt for the night... damn! Toofy Grin On that particular ride my one and only thought was "oh my god do NOT fall off".
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
I'm with jedster: there's always that sign that means "No Slalom". So I just have to slalom. I try to get out as wide as I can, but it always seems some other guy has managed to go wider.
One day I hope to go up a drag lift backwards.

Wearing my serious hat for a moment, it is sensible to adhere to the"No Slalom" rule. Going out to the side of the track puts a sideways load onto the cable as it goes over the pulley wheels for which it was not designed, which could cause it to detach from the wheel, or in extreme cases the cable could snap (and the effect of a torn steel cable possibly whipping across a skier's face is not pleasant to contemplate Shocked ). Even if you are responsible for only stalling the lift you will not be popular!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 5-12-05 18:25; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Gordyjh,
Quote:

Do I know you?

I don't know - do you Puzzled
Perhaps you have seen me on a drag lift singing things like "fat-bottomed girls" whilst playing air guitar on my ski poles Toofy Grin
snow report
Caspar,
Quote:

Perhaps you have seen me on a drag lift singing things like "fat-bottomed girls" whilst playing air guitar on my ski poles

Whilst wearing your cow head of course Laughing
ski holidays
snowbunny, But of course! I am a SnowCow, after all. Toofy Grin
latest report
In view of posts in another thread, another thing I will do on lifts in future is avoid snowbunny, Shocked
snow conditions
Caspar, I don't really deserve that comment . I'm really Little Angel
latest report
snowbunny, Hmmm. I believe you. But then, would you really want to share a drag lft with someone? Twisted Evil
latest report
snowbunny, Further to your question

I detest drag lifts with a passion. Some, although seemingly relatively minor in decline and distance, turn out to be big momma long steep hell rides, presenting you with many a difficulty along the way (ie- ice or mahusive bumps)

If you can handle any of the above ^ you use this time wisely. It is imperative to ring your friends back in England, telling them what a wonderful time you're having in Courcheval with daddy's plastic, and how rotten it is that they couldn't come with you.. Smile hehe....
snow conditions
Caspar,
Quote:

snowbunny, Hmmm. I believe you. But then, would you really want to share a drag lft with someone?

I would share a draglift with you, I'm only little, and then you would understand that I don't deserve my reputation. I will not carry your skis however Evil or Very Mad
latest report
snowbunny, I'm touched. I'm glad you wouldn't be carrying my skis as I would still be wearing them and that would put me on your shoulders Shocked . Having said that......

So, are we talking T-bar or button Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Caspar,
Quote:

So, are we talking T-bar or button

Well, as I don't know you too well, T bar, then if you upset me, I can push you off Very Happy
snow conditions
snowbunny, You smooth-talker. Obviously, I would do my utmost to ensure that I wouldn't upset you. Little Angel
latest report
Caspar, Don't bank on it, I'm quite fond of my personal space on lifts Little Angel
ski holidays
snowbunny, That's assuming I haven't pushed you off first Twisted Evil
latest report
Caspar,
Quote:

snowbunny, That's assuming I haven't pushed you off first

Men, they are all the same, bullies at heart Sad
snow conditions
snowbunny, So, let me get this straight - if you threaten to push me off the lift, it's okay, but if I joke about the same thing then I'm a bully.
Obviously, I don't ever expect to understand the fairer sex but sometimes it does make it a bit tricky Confused
latest report
Caspar,
Quote:

snowbunny, So, let me get this straight - if you threaten to push me off the lift, it's okay, but if I joke about the same thing then I'm a bully.
Obviously, I don't ever expect to understand the fairer sex but sometimes it does make it a bit tricky

Yes, that's right . You are a quick learner Very Happy wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy