Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski shop on south coast?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where is the best ski shop for ladies skis on the south coast. Later today we are driving from Penzance to Gatwick.
Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well it kind of depends on exactly what you're after? Do you know what you want and are looking for the cheapest way to get them? Or are you looking to speak to someone with a bit of decent knowledge?

I live in Southampton and, I have to say, we're not exactly loaded with lots of decent places round here. There's a place in Southampton called SnowTogs which is where I got fitted up for boots a few years back, and they seemed quite knowledgeable. But they're quite a small shop so the selection isn't huge. I bought my last skis as Filarinskis near Havant, although I knew exactly what I wanted and just picked them up as I work reasonably close by and it saved a lot on delivery costs. But they're pretty good there and seem to know their stuff, and its a big old place. Failing that you also have Snow and Rock in Port Solent (near Portsmouth). Fairly easy run to Gatwick from either of those (Snow and Rock is just off the M27, then Filarinskis is about 15miles further off the A27 to Brighton.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/ near Bournmouth, have always had a really good selection of skis on the 3 or 4 times I've been in.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're travelling Penzance to gatwick wouldn't you go via the A303/M3/M25?

There's a snow and rock at Exeter or a great little shop in Newton abbot called devon ski centre

Or on M25 there's a big snow rock at chertsey I think.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
k1orange, your're cutting it a bit fine aren't you?
Driving to the airport and popping in for some skis on the way?
I presume you are coming up the M3 and you know exactly what you want - then I would phone first.
Best shop for you is the Chertsey Snow and Rock.
Best of luck - where are you off to?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Edge and Wax - Partridge Green - about 15 miles south of Gatwick

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/womens_skis-119.aspx

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 27-12-13 13:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim, Think k1orange is trying to sort out the mess from where Decathlon gave him some bad advice and he ended up buying some beginners skis for his not beginner wife!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Edge and Wax
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Filarinskis and Edge and Wax both been fab with me for quite a few purchases. You could also use Glisshop online and get them delivered to you in resort, they are based in France. Good luck.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good thought about Glisshop
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah, thank you davkt: must pay more attention.
I blame the brandy butter.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1 for Edge & Wax for Servicing and boot fitting snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy