Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to ski in Carinthia (Kaernten) next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are heading to Austria on a fly-drive trip tomorrow.

We will spend tomorrow night in Rosenheim (following an evening arrival in Munich), then Saturday night in Golling, 2 nights in Dobriach, 3 nights, near Spittal an der Drau, 1 night in Mallnitz, then our last night at Munich airport.

We will probably ski somewhere around Reit Im Winkl (been there before) or Lofer (not been there before but it sounds ok) on day 1 then head for the areas covered by the Carinthia Top Ski pass - only 31 ski resorts to choose from!

Obvious contenders include Bad Kleinkircheim and Nassfeld, with over 100km of piste, as well as Heiligenblut and the Moelltal glacier.

Are there any hidden gems that we need to visit? For example, Goldeck has caught my eye - a small area but with 4500 vertical feet to go at!

Also, can anyone comment on current conditions? I'm slightly concerned by current snow reports from the Alps and (having not visited that area before) am unsure as to how the area will fare during a peak holiday week.

I'll be keeping an eye on this site over the week (wi-fi access permitting), so any answers over the next few days would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's really lot to choose from. My personal pick is always Nassfeld, but most of people don't really like it, which is perfectly fine for me... less Brits and Dutch around, the better I feel Wink Other then this, you have Katchberg, Gerlitzen, Turracher Hohe, Bad Kleinkircheim (if I remember right even Obertauern is covered by Top Ski pass) all in less then hour drive from Spittal. Moeltal is option too, but I'm not really sure I would pick it at the moment. It's 3000m high, with only 3 useful lifts, and it's great pick for September or October, but with "normal" ski resorts open, Moeltal wouldn't be my first pick.
Current conditions... well at the moment it's dumping snow... literally. I just got sms, Nassfeld was getting 10cm new snow per hour. And was going on like this for half day. Most of new snow is coming from south, which means Karnten resorts will do good, but no idea how much will make over Tauern to Salzburg and Steiermark resorts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Current conditions... well at the moment it's dumping snow... literally. I just got sms, Nassfeld was getting 10cm new snow per hour. '

Waheyyyyyyyyy!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

First time skiing in that neck of the woods and raring to go!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bergmeister, If staying in Mallnitz then you shouldn't leave out a day at Ankogel - small but beautiful, about 5000 vertical feet.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied on the Steinplatte/Winklmoosalm (Reit im Winkl) yesterday. Conditions aren't great but fine enough for a day, especially higher up. Pictures (also of the Loferer Alm where I expect conditions are similar) in this thread.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks All!

Bode, how far is Ankogel from Mallniitz?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bergmeister, maybe 2km, really very close!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Ankogel. It's tiny but would be good for a long morning before the train shuttle and driving back to Munich.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy