Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar cham equivalents in Austria ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to wagrain shortly & would like to hire some skis similar to the dynastar cham 87 which I have recently skied & enjoyed. Tried last year & the shops in schladming hadn't even heard of them. Ended up with a pair of stockli y's which frankly were too much like hard work. Can anyone recommend any similar skis that I am likely to find in an Austrian ski hire shop?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Come to Hochfügen... We have Dynastar skis of all shapes and sizes in our ski hire - including the complete Cham range. Toofy Grin
Sorry this doesn't help you in Wagrain!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks SaraJ, don't suppose you know of any chain of hire shops that do hire them out?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nickH, I've seen lots of Dynastar Chams about this season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nickH, Try the Rot-Weiss-Rot Skistadl which is opposite the Graffenbergbahn car park. Big stand alone building on the left-hand side of the road as you go towards Kleinarl. They have an amazing choice of skis and very knowledgeable staff. I've seen Dynastars in their selection but I do not know which ones to be honest. Ask to talk to Thomas (Tom), only a youngster but he has an encyclopaedic knowledge of all the equipment whether they have it or not. If they don't have Chams, then he will have a few suitable alternatives to suggest.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks clarky999, that's reassuring. As I mentioned I tried several places in schladming this time last year and found no dynastars at all.

Great info thanks Samerberg Sue, will drop them an email to see what they have, that way I might also get an online booking discount snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nickH, probably can't find Dyanstar's quite so often as Atomic, Fischer, Blizzard and Head are all Austrian makes!... (and due to Atomic and Salomon being under the same umbrella owner you get a lot of their geat too)...

How about the Salomon BBR line? You can certianly find those for rent around here!

http://www.salomon.com/os/range/skis-alpin.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi and thanks flangesax, I'd certainly noticed the understandable predominance of local brands on previous visits! Hadn't realised that salamon & atomic shared stables so will certainly consider the BBR's and, after favourable reports from people skiing them in tignes a few weeks ago I'd be seriously interested in trying some of the Q's if they're out there for rent.
I'm in wagrain for a week from the 11th if you're free for a ski/beer. As I recall the one time we did ski together I managed to Put some significant grooves in the bases of a brand new pair of hired SX10's Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh No... THAT'S YOU!!

I was thinking about that... down in Saalbach I think??

Defo meet up for a ski!
That week I am empty too (well 13th - 18th) so have plenty of time!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flangesax, no, a different me & it was flachau Laughing
Would be good to catch up -Will pm my number
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy