Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bus transfer only with tour operator?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi ther
Last year we travelled on a to package with crystal and on the bus there were some people who were coach transfer only. However I don't see this option on their website. Does anyone know how you would go about booking it and how much it costs? Just trying to weigh up costs as opposed to car hire.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
polo99, I think I'd ring any TOs doing the trip you want, and ask them. Websites aren't always the easiest way of obtaining information.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
polo99, it was possibly a casual arrangement between the reps and the transfer passengers, I don't think the big TOs would normally offer it as a stand alone service.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, I might give them a ring although I keep forgetting I am flying to lyon and not sure if many tour operators go from there.
sarah, you might be right Sarah although I think it would be a bit risky leaving transfers to the last minute. I wonder if maybe they were on the bus coz they had been desperate because they were let down?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have done this before in the manner sarah suggests... We got let down by Altibus (to be fair there was a lot of snow so not really their fault) so got on one with [a tour operator] by sweet talking the rep. He was pretty good about the whole thing, the bus was half empty and the place was in chaos.

It was "supposed" to cost €50/head but we didn't have that much on us, it being the end of the holiday. We gave the guy all the cash we had left (which amounted to about €60 between the 3 of us), I strongly suspect the rep just kept the cash, which was fine by me to be honest.

I've looked since and not been able to book it officially, I'm not sure it's possible.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 26-12-13 0:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh also Crystal are in the same group as a bunch of other operators so maybe it could be that they were with a different TO and just on the same bus for that reason?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
polo99, If you are flying into Lyon and heading anywhere towards Bourg St Maurice the journey by train is very easy. Though probably not as quick as by coach. Half hour tram into Lyon part Dieu, around 15 euros a head but a bit cheaper pre bought online then a Rhone Alpes train from there (to Bourg its just over 3 hours and no changes) Furniculaire up to Arc 1600, or regular bus service up to La Rosiere etc
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lots of TOs will allow you to book a transfer only if you ring them up; but only if there are spaces available, so it may have to be a late booking. Its been something that's been done by both TOs that I've previously worked for, invariably you will get 1 or 2 people an a coach that isn't full. But its typically only been done for relatively small numbers (1 or 2 at a time), I don't think you'd have any joy trying to book 10 seats, for instance. If the TO knows they've got the space available then they're usually pretty accommodating at accepting others, although the TO guests clearly have first choice on availability.

Its also something that you can try to arrange in resort by finding a TO rep, but they will always have to defer the request to their transport team to check for availability.

I can neither confirm nor deny that any cash transactions made for such purposes sometimes end up in the rep's pocket Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can neither confirm nor deny that any cash transactions made for such purposes sometimes end up in the rep's pocket Embarassed[/quote]

Nor would the majority of us care, bearing in mind the reps are generally paid a pittance & I for one would say that this is a perk of the job Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
polo99, Embarassed beer tokens have passed hands to get to or from a resort and airport on a few occasions. If you're prepared to travel 'on spec' the reps are a good first point of call . . . but there are always trains to fall back on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy