Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does my butt look big in this?

Poster: A snowHead
This is more for the jibbers and the freestylers, but is it worth protecting my butt in the park wink Whereas a helmet has obvious benefits does cocyx and bum protection offer the same degree or is it just more marketing to make us buy stuff we don't need?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ok, so I have bought butt protection ( the soft Dianese protection pants ). They certainly make your hips look bigger... I have never had the guts to mention this to my wife !

As a Snowboarder, the biggest benefit is the extra insulation when sitting ( yup, in the middle of the piste, specifically to annoy skiers Very Happy )

But having caught a number of edges and landed cocyx first I can confirm that they do help... Its not that it doesn't still 'hurt' it just doesn't go on to ache for hours or days afterwards.

I guess the same could be said for helmets - the falls still hurt but you aren't picking up pieces of brain off the slope !

When my wife was learning, they ( plus knee pads and wrist guards ) were invaluable... it made the whole experience slightly less uncomfortable which made for a somewhat happier wife, and less greif for me !( as the Mastercard advert goes 'there are some things money cannot buy' )

Probably the key thing for me is, for the sake of £100 you can be kitted out with some extra gear, which could be the difference between getting in a few days boarding / skiing after a fall or not.... Certainly as I get older, bumps and bruises take longer to get over and I certainly don't want to be laid up in bed for a day. A day of not skiing on holiday has got to be worth over £100 when you think of the expense of flights accom etc.....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richie_S wrote:

When my wife was learning, they ( plus knee pads and wrist guards ) were invaluable... it made the whole experience slightly less uncomfortable which made for a somewhat happier wife, and less greif for me !( as the Mastercard advert goes 'there are some things money cannot buy' )

Yup, I can relate to that one!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Norwegian padded snowboard butt protection

Details here: http://www.snowboard.no/oss/tilbehor03P.htm
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have just bought some dianese protection pants for the coming season. Partner wears them and has persuaded me to get some. My ski//boarding pants are baggy anyway so hopefully won't notice too much of a distance. If it does trhen I ain't wearing them and going back to skiing full time!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've skied in Dianese hard shorts for ages - left over snowboard gear Wink. I always where them, they're quite comfy can be nice and warm (fortunatly never sweaty Shocked ). They've saved my tail in the park but mostly I find they protect my hip in high speed 'slides' and my upper thigh in the trees. Very useful.

Mrs P is thinking of getting a pair but is concerned she might hide the sweetest tush in Switzerland.

Can't praise them enough.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1st day out last season, my gf had one of those falls.... hit some ice while on heel edge, the board went from under her and slammed straight down on to her cocyx. One of those falls that just watching brings tears to your eyes and makes you cringe. We've all done it, but I could tell even from a distance that this one really hurt.

I thought that she would be off the slopes for a day or two after that. She was very, very sore... but determined not to miss any fun. 1st thing next morning we went and bought some padded shorts (dianese i think) and she was back up on the slopes. Although they won't stop the pain all together, they do actaully work. They even gave her enough confidence with a bruised cocyx, to board the next day and quite happily for the rest of the week... well... except one day... but that was more to do with a hangover. Even watching people descend the mountain from the saftey of a local cafe made her feel seasick. But padded shorts ain't gonn protect you from that. Laughing

I would say yes... they are worth it... I'm getting a pair for this season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I do remember a beginner boarder spending each day with a padded envelope stuffed down the back of her trousers... Entertaining for the rest of us at lunchtime when she removed it. Bit cheaper than proper shorts, but probably not as effective.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Padded envelope eh, someone been dancing 'round a ski pole?Shocked

Dianese, any cheap sources?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
saxabar, This was a week after I drove home from Vallandry on it

Never ridden a board without a butt protector since.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque,Please, I've just had me tea. How did you take that picture?.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Are you sure that you REALLY want Masque, to explain the how, maybe the who, and the why Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Masque,Please, I've just had me tea. How did you take that picture?.

He pulled his head out of it long enough to get the shot. Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, Ah that explains the lipstick Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A long time ago miss-applying gymnastic technique to half-pipe circumstance and you really DON'T want to know where it drained to . . . plums, purple and pulsing is a simple description.

Frosty meet mirror . . . mirror meet Frosty rolling eyes

Fuxup: cruel, too cruel! Sad
snow report
Masque, Thanks for the above post, I was beginning to confuse gender. Can we use this image as an international heath warning? Confused
snow report
P.S. heath does not mean bush, it is simply a typo!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy