Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs / Peisey Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
boredsurfin wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, umm sensible! I've learnt the hard way Sad

I've been stupid about this in the past. First time I went skiing in late April (to Tignes) I was so sunburned most of my face just peeled off in layers of dead skin. I though that one application of F8 suncream would be sufficient...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar.org.uk, I hope those going to VT next week heed our warnings Very Happy or Embarassed suffer
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought some SPF50+ and some lipstick - hopefully it's UV blocking rather than decorative wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian Hopkinson, We shall all look forward no doubt to hoping that it is both.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
I bought some SPF50+ and some lipstick - hopefully it's UV blocking rather than decorative wink

Is it pink? wink

I use factor 30, hopes it's enough. My boss came back from Andorra a few weeks ago looking like a burn tomato, boy were the meeting hard to take seriously. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The weather has taken a turn for the worse today. Currently +5 degrees and heavy rain at 1800m.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great couple of days - especially today, with some powder leaving even the Malgovert in excellent condition, and fun to ski early afternoon. Quiet pistes and some very happy BLAMmers! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, excellent. Glad the rain turned into snow Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
new snow up top above 2000, wet low down in the morning, good forcast for next few days. Bad news, only Arc 2000 open now but linked to 1800, vallandry and 1600.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
heavy heavy heavy wet snow today..... think this is my last day on the mountain for this season. Been a good one though! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Click on photos - taken yesterday ...

Arc 1600

Mont Blanc forest, approx 1600m-1700m

[EDIT: these photos update automatically as new ones are added]

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 11-05-06 7:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Now snowing heavily at 850m down in Bourg. Not settling in town, but there must be a ton of snow slightly higher up, it has been pouring with rain since last night, the snow line creeping ever lower...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, Can you hang on to it all for me? I'll be out again on 26th wink
B*gger just realised I've now got my summer tyres on the car Shocked Laughing

It's OK I've got my own now Laughing and they have cleared the road.

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/webcam/webcam_panoramique.htm

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 11-05-06 9:19; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One for Rob to savour at the moment ... wink

- click for big pic
snow conditions
Smile

You should have a good view of the construction of the next building in that development, due to start this summer apparently. It will be on the bank behind the little wooden shed.
ski holidays
If the funicular had been working I could have skied down to Granges, there's snow above 1000m at the moment! (Did think of getting the missus to drive me up a few times, picking me up at the bottom of the run, but didn't have the bottle Wink ...)
latest report
PG, Wuss wink . We have had a week of glorious weather up in the NE.
latest report
Quote:
b]PG[/b], Can you hang on to it all for me? I'll be out again on 26th wink
B*gger just realised I've now got my summer tyres on the car Shocked Laughing

It's OK I've got my own now Laughing and they have cleared the road.

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/webcam/webcam_panoramique.htm
snow report
boredsurfin, the way it's going you might need winter tyres this week!

(by clicking on the above image you can load a larger scale picture...)

Snow at the moment down to 1600m, and forecast to snow right down to Bourg St Maurice tonight. A week of chilly temperatures, warming up again next week. All very promising for when the glaciers open in just over a couple of weeks time...
snow report
The blog has reawoken, click to read. No skiing just yet, but the Alps in the spring and summer are a very pleasant place to be, even on foot...

snow conditions
PG, Lovely waterfall photos Very Happy , and then there's the cow piccies Laughing Looked like a lovely day though.
ski holidays
PG, you're a brave man to post that last cow photo! I'm sure it will be used in evidence against you from time to time Wink

Looks like a lovely day around Peisey.
snow conditions
Next sunmmer, next summer...
Honest, We WILL be there.

Looks fantastic PG, just goes to prove there is more to mountains than sliding down them.
ski holidays
Has it really been this wet and snowy in Les Arc in August before. I came over for a break and it is raining all the time. Heard it is snowing on the glacier in Tignes sounds like it could be fun. Anyone else been to Les Arc this summer.
ski holidays
snowcrazy, sort of. Just back from Montalbert. Up at Grand Rochette Saturday was on the chilly side compared with 3 weeks earlier when basked in the heat. Sunday saw snow high up around 2500m. Roll on the winter!
latest report
snowcrazy, yeah was back out there for a week in mid august. 2 days cold and rainy, 4 days nice and sunny. First time I have been back there in summer and had less than perfect weather though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy