Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs / Peisey Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
PG, I did my best yesterday - skied Tuffes in lots of powder early on before those bumps that sort out the good skiers from the likes of me got in my way!! - also skied Malgovert on Tuesday pm and I can only second the comments above about it - great fun in the fantastic conditons this week.

Had a great week in Les Arcs and very sad to be going home tomorrow. Only one bad weather day on Wednesday and the 40cm or so of fresh snow it gave us meant Thursday made up for it.

Spent today over the 1600/1800 side and in the Parc and had an amusing hour at the Arpettes restaurant watching people come down the slope and try to water ski it across the 10yds by 20yds pool of water 2 foot deep they have put in!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bungle, it's not that hard really - but people do make it hard for themselves, snowploughing down the steep then trying to make a last second dash across the flat to get up speed, usually too late by then!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A couple of really deep frosts Thursday and Friday night have done a lot to keep the pistes in good nick into the afternoon, despite summerlike temps, especially today.

Touch warm and overcast tonight, 0°C at 2100m. Still, I see heavy snow is expected on Monday, really low down too! Weird weather, temps up and down like a yoyo.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowing quite heavily at the moment. Rain/snow limit at about 1500m and getting lower. Didn't have a frost at resort level last night, so snow was quite soft this morning, with a couple of centimetres of fresh snow above 2000m. Excellent fun as it was almost impossible to loose an edge no matter how much you cranked the skis over. There's loads of snow at all levels of the domain, and more forecast over the next 24 hours. The pistes are very quiet and there's no queues for any lift. All in all, perfect end-of-season conditions Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, Keep doing that snowdance, we need plenty of freshies for next week Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowbunny, There's no shortage of snow; what's needed is a "low temperature dance"!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, Then go see http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs.0to3mid.shtml
It's looking like thermals weather to me Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, next few days are looking good, but further out it looks like it will warm up again:

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar.org.uk, So do I pack plenty of thermals and my balaclava, or take a shell and prepare to bake Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowbunny wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, So do I pack plenty of thermals and my balaclava, or take a shell and prepare to bake Very Happy

I think that with the current weather you should pack for cold, warm and hot, just in case!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
and take an umbrella Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Should be snowing where you are, either right now or very soon! Forecast snowline around 500m - 700m tonight, zero isotherm well below 1200m until Wednesday as well. Should be some great powder for those able to get on the slopes tomorrow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG, arrive tomorrow night (Montalbert of course!). That is great news! NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, Check the webcam it's snowing already Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yes its snowing again right now and tomorrow as well if the weather man is right
snow conditions
boredsurfin, thanks will do
snow report
Around 10-20cm of fresh snow since yesterday at resort level, with light snowfall continuing this morning. Currently -6 degrees (12 degrees colder than this time yesterday), with the forecast remaining cold for the next four days. Visibility is poor above 2200m, but should improve as the day goes on.

Very Happy
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, Rob sounds like the makings of a get out get high up and have fun day Toofy Grin
snow conditions
boredsurfin, oh yes, although I think that fun will be available at all levels for the next couple of days! I can't believe how lucky I am to have such good conditions for this late in the season, and hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in another couple of trips before the summer arrives . . .
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk, Please ensure that you preserve the pow for me next week Very Happy
snow report
What a wonderful morning! I spent most of the time skiing knee deep snow through the trees above Peisey, then a bit of time between pistes above the Arpette restaurant. I even plucked up enough courage to take an off-piste route back to my apartment that I can see from my balcony; I've been tempted all season by it, and today was the day (it wasn't as steep as I thought it would be). I did one Superman impression down a short, steep pitch above Peisey, after catching both skis in what I presume was a tree root. It's a good thing I wasn't skiing with PG this morning because he'd begin to think I made a habit of flying face plants Embarassed

On piste conditions are now excellent, although busy junctions are already quite icy as new snow if swept away. Near-piste is getting tracked out pretty quickly (sorry snowbunny, I did try to shoo people out of the powder, but they thought I was a madman), but I'm sure that there will be fresh snow available for some time if you know where to look (sadly I don't!). Currently -2 in resort, with poor visibility above 2200m, but Les Arcs is blessed with loads of tree-lined runs and off-piste areas, so plenty of places to head to if the higher altitude stuff is a whiteout.
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, Glad you have had a great morning Very Happy .Sad to hear there is no picture evidence of your Superman impression Laughing . Please get back out there and protect the pow for the BLAM (since you are bunking off wink )
snow report
snowbunny wrote:
Please get back out there and protect the pow for the BLAM (since you are bunking off wink )

Not bunking off, honest Miss. Just back to the apartment for lunch and to check that Jane is OK Smile
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, Does that mean you will now be at the BLAM Very Happy
ski holidays
snowbunny, I wish, but sadly I have to be back in London next week.
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

snowbunny, I wish, but sadly I have to be back in London next week

Sad
snow conditions
greeeeeaaaaaaat offpiste today in the trees and round 1600, malgovert. Vis pretty bad, so not sure whar everything else was like...... not bad for mid-april though eh?
snow conditions
flying_squirrel, Please farm the pow, we'll be along soon Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbunny, ummmmm okaaaayyyyyyy!
ski holidays
On-piste conditions are excellent, especially with the cold temperatures we've had in the last three days. Easy to reach off-piste is largely tracked out, although there is some nice stashes to be found in the trees. I'm sure that those who are prepared to hike a bit will find lots of deep snow as the resort is very quiet. We had a partly sunny morning, then mostly cloud with a few snow flurries above 2000m this afternoon.

It should stay cold for another day or so, then warmer from Friday/Saturday.
latest report
OFF piste today was amazing, loads of untracked places, good powder and deep high up. Could even do the face from the top of Arc 2000 today really cool.

Tomorrow will be good as well. North face in great condition.
latest report
Skied around Malgovert/Deux Têtes from mid-morning - given the time of year, at that altitude, the conditions were still excellent. No time to go up high today, but I bet it was great off the Aiguille Rouge as snowcrazy suggested......
snow report
Warm, sunny and endless blue skies in Les Arcs today. Piste conditions excellent above 2000m, and a bit too soft/slushy below that.
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

Warm, sunny and endless blue skies in Les Arcs today. Piste conditions excellent above 2000m, and a bit too soft/slushy below that

Sounds wonderful, I'm all packed and ready snowHead
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, There's a good man - bring the freezing level back down below 1600m will you! The dratted thing is forecast at 3000m until early next week - disastre!!!! Does that coincide with local forecasts? Should I bring my bathing costume? Toofy Grin
snow report
Bernard,

I'm watching the forecasts as I go out Sunday, for Courchevel they reckon it's cool off from Sat am, hovering around 2400m until Wed (according to snow-forecast.com)
ski holidays
Just back from skiing, and it's hot, hot, hot!

Spent an entertaining few minutes this afternoon watching people ski/board across (mostly) the water splash by the Altiport Bar, and marveling at some of the freestylers in the Snow Park. The snow from mid-afternoon was extremely heavy and slushy, but at altitude it's still OK. PG said that the MeteoFrance forecast was for high temperatures for the first half of next week (including rain on Sunday Sad), which seems to be borne out by the GFS forecast show a little further up this thread. Currently +12 at resort level, and very sunny. Ideal weather for having a beer on the balcony and watching the kids throw snowballs.
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk, Hows the sunburn, my bottom lip is still scarred from last week Sad
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, Hows the sunburn, my bottom lip is still scarred from last week Sad

I've been very careful, not least because I'm approaching 50 days skiing this season and thought that if I didn't use high factor cream and stay indoors at lunch time I'd end up looking like I'd been in a nuclear accident. So, apart from a bit of a red nose I've not changed colour that much. In previous years I've looked like this Embarassed
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, umm sensible! I've learnt the hard way Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy