Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buy boots THEN get them fitted?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In my previous 2/3 boot purchases I have always got them fitted then bought them, however I've tried a pair of boots on and know what mondo I am in then and I love the fit. Just wondering about your views on buying the boot online in the size I've tried in store then take them to be moulded to my foot?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Risky
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pi, Think you would be hard pressed to find a retailer willing to fit boots before you put money in his till Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pi, where did you try them on? Bit of a cheek, maybe. wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pi wrote:
In my previous 2/3 boot purchases I have always got them fitted then bought them, however I've tried a pair of boots on and know what mondo I am in then and I love the fit. Just wondering about your views on buying the boot online in the size I've tried in store then take them to be moulded to my foot?

I've got two pairs of boots. Both different mondo sizes. Needless to say I've only got one pair of feet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I good boot fitter will charge £50 or more to mould boots bought elsewhere, with no guarantee of success. If you buy them in store the fitting should come free, and guaranteed to sort any problems never mind how many return visits are needed. It's the old adage; buy cheap buy twice.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did this with solutions for feet and it worked great, the fitting was not cheap though (can't remember how much).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know the mondo size in the boots, but I've found them cheaper 70£ online. My parents agreed to pay for fitting if I pay for the boots. So any money I can save on boots is needed sadly (I know boots are the part you really shouldn't cheap out on)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pi, did you shell fit the boot or just try it on and it felt comfy? Part of the service a good boot fitter will provide is making sure that the shell is as low volume as possible and as such might put you in a smaller shell than you'd otherwise choose. You don't want to end up two weeks in with your lovely new boots feeling like wellies as the liner packs out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pi, just go to a good local boot fitter and ask him to knock up a quote with an arbitrary split between the price of the boots and the fitting. If the boots are full retail price with free fitting then ask him to knock £70 off and charge £70 for fitting Little Angel
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd only do this if I was buying the identical boot to that which I was scrapping.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or consider taking the online quote to the shop and saying you would love to support a local retailer but with such a large price differential you can`t afford it. You may well find you can reach a compromise. Many retailers will help enthusiastic youngsters, (sorry if you are not a youngster Pi) or students in anticipation of future business. And as On the rocks says ask for a bill with a price split between the boot and the fitting.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pi,

A. If you loved the fit in the shop, it's probably too big and probably wrong. (Based on (ugh!) 43 years painful experience).

B. A good fit starts with how the shell fits. Did you try your naked feet inside the shell without liner? If not it doesn't necessarily fit well.

C. Oh, dear, I begin to see a pattern in my posts...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy