Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heading to Zermatt on Saturday - couple of questions please.........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to anyone who can fill in a bit of knowledge for us prior to our first trip to Zermatt this coming Saturday..............

1) Can you get across to the Cervinia side via Theodulpass or do you have to go to the top of the Klein Matterhorn to access Italy?

2) We are staying down in Tasch so it will be a bit of a mission to get across and wondering whether it is worth paying the extra for the Cervinia / international pass.......any comments welcome. We are competent intermediates.

3) Does anyone know if there is a supermarket in Tasch - can't seem to see one on google? We are definitely self catering!!

4) What is the ski bus service like between the main railway station where we will come in each morning and the top end of the village? Is it better to bus it or to take the Gonergrat railway and then ski the red down to Furi (which I *think* you can do looking at the piste map we have found.)

Many thanks. Any other general comments for an enjoyable and economical break welcome!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh - and also is it possible to get a pass that just gives one or two days over in Cervinia or is it either all Zermatt or all international? THANKS!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flipperthesnowholedigger, there will be others who have more recent experience of Zermatt than me but it's a bit quiet on here so:
1, yes I am pretty sure you can access from the top of the T bars at Theodulpass
2, there's enough skiing in Zermatt but we've always enjoyed going over to Cervinia too, you can probably upgrade your pass just for the day(s) you want to go over, check the forecasts as the link shuts in the event of high winds
3, don't know if there is, but there is a large Co-Op just across from the main station in Zermatt so you could stop off there in the afternoons prior to going back down to Tasch on the train
4, ski bus is usually busy but is probably quicker than the Gornergrat train and yes you can ski to Furi
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When the wife and i were there in April the cost of adding Cervinia to our five day skipasses was one franc cheaper than upgrading for a day...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's been about 3 years but:

1. You can access Cervinia via Theodulpass but it involves a very long T bar

2. Definitely worth getting the international pass. We stayed in Tasch. Not too much hassle.

3. We stayed in a hotel in Tasch . Don't remember a coop I'm afraid but we used it as a dormitory so don't take that as gospel

4, agree with sarah. Sometimes though we just jumped in a taxi at Zermatt - a bit expensive but loads quicker
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The 2 T bars take you to Italy and can be quicker than taking the cable car, depending on queues.

From last week, a 6 day pass International pass is CHF60 more and a single day upgrade is 42. If weather is settled then worth international but links can often been closed. Not been over during my last 2 weeks there as plenty of skiing in Zermatt, and weather has been iffy.

There is a Coop supermarket in Tasch, just round the corner from the station according to their website.

The ski bus takes around 12 minutes from outside the station to Matterhorn gondola. Far quicker than taking the train to Gornergrat which takes around 30 minutes and then the ski back down which didn't have the best snow cover last week. As the bus goes round the bottom of town first, it can be quicker to walk down the road opposite the main train station alongside the Gornergrat station to the river and getting on the bus there, after it has been to the Sunegga lifts. It is the Getwing Brucke stop.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flipperthesnowholedigger,
I would definitely recommend the pass for Italy as well. The skiing on that side is excellent for intermediates and above. Oh, and the food in the mountain restaurants is given away - when compared with Zermatt prices.......

Regardless of the time it takes you really should take the Gornergrat railway. The views are stunning and it's a novel way to travel. The restaurant at the top is excellent and the roesti there is very nice - and not unreasonably priced for where you are. The views are amazing, so if you can sit outside even better!

We've skied in over 120 resorts and I'd put Zermatt up there with the best if them. It's a fantastic area and you will love it! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We got back from Cervinia/Zermatt on Sunday. Definitely get the two resort pass [as above, the week long pass for both was marginally more than a single day]. Also, the food is much cheaper on the Italian side.

However... that drag lift is painfully long and cold, particularly later in the day when the sun is not on it. And the cable car felt a bit too much like a peak time Tube carriage for my liking.

greg
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy