Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Left It Late To Book - Where to Look for Accommodation W/C 28/12?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I don;t know if anyone has any ideas but my girlfriend and I are looking for a catered chalet for 1 week commencing 28/12/13, do you know where might be the best place to look for availability? - If so, can you please let me know! - We hadn't planned skiing as our dog sitter was unavailable but her holiday plans have changed so we're now looking at skiing without paying well over the odds, preferably in a catered chalet but would consider anything but we're finding availability to be thin on the ground

Many thanks and regards for any contacts/information you might have,

Gordon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cgreido, go to the solutions room at chalet direct. Check accommodation pages on tourust information sites. Owners direct. Check chalet chamoissiere in monetier...hells bells had a cancellation but I dont know if she has filled it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you git flights?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

we're now looking at skiing without paying well over the odds

in the busiest week of the year you will almost certainly pay "well over the odds" compared to a week in mid January. You might pick up some last minute cancellations if the snow forecast for this week doesn't materialise - but then you'd probably not want to bother. Many resorts are struggling this week, with holiday crowds squeezed into a relatively small area with decent snow - until there is significant fresh snow (not just 10 - 20 cms) I wouldn't bother, personally.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, I think they are still coming, I haven't heard any differently.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
greido, I'd call alpine answers - http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/ and see if they have anything..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
greido, good luck with this one! Try iglu too and keep your search terms very loose. Don't be too choosy either, there's someone on Chalets a Direct asking for a hot tub, ski-in/ski-out, hosting etc 4days before for new year week Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
greido, It's a real shame you and gf can't move your holiday to January. Far more availability and choice for you at much more reasonable prices. Our Christmas week and New year week's were booked out a year ago and I know some other owners in Val Thorens are in the same position, yet it is always difficult to give away January - as no-one in europe is on holiday then.

I would always go 2nd/3rd week in January if I had the choice for when to go skiing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
greido, Try this http://www.holidaydiscountcentre.co.uk/ski-holidays
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells wrote:
holidayloverxx, I think they are still coming, I haven't heard any differently.

My mistake sorry
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the links and input, it's much appreciated!
We've not got flights yet but there seems to be plenty available so it'll be easy to book these.

Gordon
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, Are there problems in France then? We have excellent slopes here, I havent ventured far but certainly in Ski Amade the slopes are tip-top. Ange
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax, yes, snow cover is below seasonal average through much of the French Alps and, according to one of the posts further up the thread, much of Austria too - my geography of Austria is poor but the Arlberg certainly needs more snow, according to that thread - no off piste to speak of there, either. And Switzerland, i think. The slopes here are mostly OK, the vast majority are open in Les Saisies but down in lower areas they are poor and there is effectively no off piste. And very warm weather and foehn winds at the moment. Not the greatest start to the season but fingers crossed the next few days are going to bring some snow.

Maybe you are the lucky ones to have good conditions for the time of year!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It does depend where you go in the Alps.

Altitude is everything really. 3vs has been very good. Pistes in pretty good condition and there has been glorious sunshine. I came back last week and the pistes in Val Thorens, Meribel, Les Meniures and Courch were all very very good.

Looking down the valley you could see the snow line just stop at around 1800M.

People in our apartment at the moment are also reporting good conditions. They always say in Val Thorens it takes a couple of poor starts to make people realise why they need to book high before christmas and in April.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have had excellent conditions for weeks, we always do in December, and to make it even better, the slopes have been empty, even this week is very quiet. Next week will be different though. Ange
ski holidays
Slopes in great condition in Soll too. Off-piste is lacking but otherwise it's business as usual! For accommodation email the tourist office & they'll send you a list with availability & prices. Good luck!! Smile http://www.wilderkaiser.info/en/soell.html
latest report
iglu.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy