Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed if any kind soul can help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all!

After a season out, I plan to get back to the slopes this season thank god!

However, I have scoured the internet up and down for deals and when I have found something it has gone by the next day. So, can anyone reccomend a place to go that caters for an intermediate and beginner (ish), with some nightlife! Going on the 1st/2nd Feb for a week and I've been trying to get somewhere

We did have our hearts set on Les Deux Alpes but I'm open to suggestions so long as the ski is good, I've never gone anywhere other than France as I've never trusted about the snow fall.

I have found deals for Soll and Passo Tonale if anyone has ever been there?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sellwin90, you will not be making any mistakes if you opt for Söll. Don't worry about the height, Austria lies a lot further east, hence has a continental climate, and the slopes are all on grass meadows, so only need about 10cm to be perfectly skiable. Söll is good right up till end of March or even April.
Söll is one of the stations in the Ski Welt, so is basically part of the biggest connected ski area in Austria. The area is truly gigantic, and nowadays you can also ski the Kitzbühel area on a single pass. Plenty of stuff there for intermediates and beginners. Try it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steilhang, +1
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where have you been before? Do you want Apartment, hotel or chalet? ski in ski out convenience a thing for you or don't mind the bus/a walk? Size of area matter to you? Are you skiing reds/black or blues mainly?

Questions aside for a cheapish deal I'd try the below.
Montgenevre can have cheap deals and is cheap for pass and ski hire. Sauze d'oulx even more so. Serre Chevalier might be worth a look. Schladming and radstadt (ski amade) has give us some very cheap B&B holidays before (ryanair into salzburg). Flaine/Les Carroz maybe, pre book equipment though.

aj xx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another +1 for Steilhang and deerman! Piste conditions are great in Soll at the moment, snow forecast for this week, it's cheap with great nightlife & early Feb is a good time Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree with the above,Soll is a good resort, with great apres too and superb night skiing as well. It also has much linked skiing available.
....Forget France ....I'd been loads there of times with the same attitude before I discovered there's much more fun to be had elsewhere. I dont even consider it anymore.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hiya
I'm off skiing on 1st Feb and booked everything individually and worked out to be good price We're off to Sauze s Oulx o
in Italy. My other half is a beginner and im intermediate and suppose to be good choice of areas. The price of hire and lift pass is reasonable too. Plus not a long transfer. I've not been to the area before but that's the advice everyone has given me. There's a some night life too.
I think there was still flights at £42 return and travel Republic had some great priced hotels or apartments.
If you want any info as I've spent hrs research best prices, drop me a line
Vickie
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sellwin90, at the moment the snow is pretty dodgy in big areas of the Alps - certainly in many French resorts. Some of the southern areas, including Italy, look like being better in the next few weeks. It might be sensible to wait a bit and see where the snow falls over the next week or so.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think the first thing to do is get clear on what sort of holiday you want before deciding on location:

- hotel, chalet or self catering appartment
- everything, including transport lessons and ski pass, provided by TO or a DIY type thing.
- sort of skiing mainly on piste or mainly off piste. Blues? reds? Blacks?

The easiest thing would then be to contact a TO like Inghams and just let them sort it for you.

Location in Feb should be less important with everywhere having snow by then. If you are worried about snow then just go high say to the 3 vallees.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
La Plagne, where we are based, is usually a good bet for intermediate skiing - there is a massive selection of blue runs - some harder and some easier - and plenty of reds to progress onto. For lessons there is a choice of a couple of excellent English speaking ski schools.

Nightlife is focused round Plagne Bellecote, Plagne Centre and 1800 and tends to be more pub based than massive nightclubs etc.

Not sure what sort of accommodation/budget you're looking at but our website is linked below and we've still got some spaces left for those dates if that helps . . .
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Read all of your replies as well as looking elsewhere! I've visited Serre Chevalier and Montgenevre before (never again - knee totally bust there!).

Opted for Mayrhoffen purely as I've never been to Austria and it had good write ups. Anyone had any experience there and have I made the right choice? Just to answer the other question I ski reds and a few blacks...

Cheers for the input guys and gals
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good choice, much nicer place than Les Deux Alpes and cheaper. Lots of skiing in the Zillertal valley plus the glacier on the same lift pass with good, free transport links. The nightlife is great - Les Deux Alpes is terrible. Lots of reds and of course the Harikiri. I wouldn't worry about the snow. It should be fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy