Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where is everyone off to this season?

Poster: A snowHead
Where are you off to this season and what are your favourite resorts?

I am off to Zermatt - expensive but that view of the Matterhorn is breathtaking!!

Look forward to hearing our views

Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've yet to visit Zermatt. When you going? early jan should be awesome with the Swatch skiers cup on.

This year I'm off to....

Glencoe for Hogmanay : I don't care if there's no snow, there's a party to be had.

Nendaz in January for a few days

Avoriaz in Feb/March

Whistler in March/April with a day Cat skiing thrown in for good measure
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Off to Zermatt at the end of Feb - should be nice and cold and lots of snow (fingers crossed!!). Can't wait! Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going to La Plagne in mid January. Wanted to go to 3V's, but waited too long playing chicken on the price of the hotel we wanted. Suspect la Plagne may be a better fit with a couple of complete beginners in tow.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Deux Alpes mid April. Fingers crossed I will be fit / able to ski by then.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
La Giettaz for Christmas (we leave 2 weeks today so getting excited!).

Kleinwalstertal/Oberstdorf in mid-January.

Zinal first week in April.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Obergurgl - possibly a bizarre choice adn I'm a little worried about the smallish skiing area, but we are linking up with some mates who had already booked to go there. Skiing buddies for the small FZs more important than miles if piste.

Hoping to get in a boys' trip in Jan/Feb. prob to France. Montalbert?

Favourite resorts:

Really liked Montalbert and Madonna di Campiglio
Enjoyed Les Carroz and Flaine, but Flaine too ugly.
3V - used to love Meribel, but all too big and busy these days.

If only we could have a voting system on SH it would be great to do a proper survey (or 50)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 6-12-13 11:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tignes in December, St Foy in January, somewhere Nordic with my partner in March (Yllas, Geilo? any recommendations? This will be her second week on a snowboard) and Chamonix at the beginning of April. A real blow out this year - haven't been able to take any time off since last Spring, so all the holiday allowance is going to be used up on the slopes this year. Really looking forward to them all, especially St Foy - never been before but heard great things.

Favourite resort? Probably Chamonix, though I've enjoyed them all (apart from Arinsal perhaps)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meribel... erm tonight Smile snowHead Cool
Zillertal in Jan
Dolomites in Feb (favourite resort)
Somewhere else in Mar
probably be MTBing in Apr

edit: just posting this in case people haven't seen it...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98245
(NB if you mention the resort in the comment too, then the post that gets put at the end of the thread makes more sense)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Radstadt in 2 weeks
BB, Arabba in Feb
EoSB, VT in April

I'm sure there is room for a cheeky weekend in there somewhere...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saas Fee in Feb - we have always loved it but this will be the last year as lift passes are ridiculous and they have changed the kids policy (used to be free 9 and under, now free only for under 6). Frankly we are paying more and more for old lifts, inconvenient links and a general lack of investment.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Val Thorens at the beginning of January and Les Deux Alpes at the end of January, then Bansko in March as a cheapie!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We're off to Les Arcs staying in Le Village 1950 which wasn't built when we last went to Les Arcs.

My favourite ski hols have been the following:

Courmayeur - for après ski, views and skiing the vallee blanche
Les Arcs - varied runs, including pretty tree lined runs towards Vallandry, accessible by direct Eurostar
La Rosiere - Les Eucharts a lovely base for families and the Fontaine Froide is one of my favourite runs. Also fun skiing to Italy
Montgenevre - favourite all round
Les Carroz & Grand Massif - varied ski area, scenic (except for Flaine!) and lovely mountain restaurants in Morillon and Les Carroz.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zermatt-2 days Last week! Madeye-Smiley
Driving St Martin de Belleville 26th December...then on to St Anton in New Year.

Hope for a cheeky weekend too, sometime in late Jan, just not sure where.

Hakuba Japan in Feb (just dropped Stepson No 2 at Heathrow this a.m, who has landed a ski instructor job there). First time trip to Japan.
Verbier in April (other half went and won a week's catered chalet holiday there at the Ski Show-lucky us and the 4 others who get to go too!)

Quite a season in prospect. It just needs to snow in the Alps a bit more!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Serre Chevalier over Christmas

Dolomites in March ( our favourite place , 3rd visit)

BTW Skied loads in France over the years,
Flaine great for beginners
Avoriaz/Morzine Great for progressing in a large area
Mammoth Mountain USA a revelation after France...so polite, friendly and organised "have a nice day" Would like to explore more in USA but budget doesn't stretch.
Pyrenees, small resort called St Lary, v french and good for a short break as we were in that area with friends for xmas one year.
3Valleys, excellent for catered chalets and big groups
Cervinia remember it was B****y cold and a bit bleak on the mountain, town was lovely tho
Paradis Ski , masses of cruisy skiing, got a bit lost due to confusing piste map!
Chamonix, bit tough for me but sons and hubby loved it
Espace Killy 5 trips (which is our favourite in France so far)

Our priorities have changed over the years as family has grown up and we are older!
ski holidays
Hokkaido, Japan for the winter.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104830

Maybe Obergurgl, Austria for the closing weekend.
snow report
Ski Amadé in Austria first week in Feb and third week in March. Yay!
snow conditions
Courchevel 1850 with family in just over a week's time .. wooooo!
Saalbach with a big group of friends end of Feb
Val d'Isere solo trip with Mark Warner end of March

Favourite resorts are Val d'Isere and Saalbach.

I will go to Val every year for as many years as I can.
ski holidays
I'm staying put....

plus probably a few days in each of La Plagne, Les Arcs, Espace Killy, Villars/Diablerets, Chamonix, Zermatt, Verbier and Sierra Nevada if I'm lucky
ski holidays
Les Menuires 15/12
Verbier 16/1
Les Coches 7/2
Fiss 16/3

And then hopefully Davos in early April depending on conditions
snow report
I'm going to Les Deux Alpes/Alpe d'Huez next Saturday (working..... ) and then Morzine with the family mid-January
ski holidays
No wonder I'm still rubbish at skiing you guys all getting more in in one winter than I have in total! Sooooo jealous! 5 days in Tignes for me.
ski holidays
Utah and Wyoming, 17 days or so from mid Feb. Should be able to ski 8 or 9 different areas Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
January - Chamonix, Les Arcs, Meribel, Morzine, Megeve, Thollon

Feb Engelberg, Courmouyar, Pila

March and April Engelberg, Verbier, Murren.
snow report
Val Thorens in 7 days, and then I'll be shopping for deals once my bursary comes through snowHead Hoping to get another 2-3 trips sorted.
snow report
Livigno - I know, not brilliant skiing, but it's duty free and) likes it. She can get to the bottom of the slopes easily and sit and watch the skiing, drink a coffee/beer/gin & tonic/lamumba etc. Just hope it's not a 22 hour journey like last year.

Birthday Bash Warm Up Week, Kronplatz snowHead

quickly followed by,

Birthday Bash, Arabba snowHead

Just hope my knees hold out.
snowHead
latest report
Ponty dry slope. Erm, that's it.
latest report
dobby wrote:
Ponty dry slope. Erm, that's it.

And the Beacons?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104178
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bones wrote:
Utah and Wyoming, 17 days or so from mid Feb. Should be able to ski 8 or 9 different areas Madeye-Smiley

Great road trip.

Which resorts are you planning to hit?
snow conditions
Mike Pow, We should hit both BCC and LCC, so Snowbird, Alta, Solitude and Brighton - along with Pow Mow and possibly Snowbasin depending on snow conditions. Also planning on a backside mountain around Park City again which will depend on the day.
Wyoming will be Jackson and Targhee. Have done something similar before a couple of years ago and have skied Utah now for 4 years or so. The variety it gives is great and all so easy to access. The only snag is the 4+ hours drive to Jackson after skiing but doable Toofy Grin and of course the return drive again. In and out of SLC Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Mike Pow, love to ski beacons but my skiing's not up to it. I'm a classic one week a year skier who takes 3 days to get to the standard I finished the previous year. I need to get some proper lessons which are not if the "follow me" variety....
snow report
I'm around the Amade region from the second week in Jan, so if anyone wants to hook up for a ski just PM me. Piste, off piste and touring all considered. Plus if anyone fancies some ice climbing there are some very good areas just down the road. I've been out of practice for the past 10 years so will only be doing easy stuff.
latest report
Gatwick is looking good for a early season stopover rolling eyes
snow conditions
Where ever is cheap and snowy 11 Jan, playing chicken on last min booking. VT hopefully sometime on my tod, got seasonaire's floor to kip on and then hopefully EOSB.
ski holidays
Oh, and to add to my above post, also all the places that I'm going to ski when I win loads of those free ski holidays in the 'Competitions' thread. Cool Laughing
ski holidays
sequoiaboard, Good luck.
latest report
Looks like you've got it covered Bones
latest report
Arabba again (7th year on the trot Shocked) with my wife but also this year with a couple of friends, so we can play at being the ski guide/host. Really like the area though and would like to make a day trip to Cortina again this trip plus the night skiing in Zoldo if we can get a lift.
ski holidays
Courchevel with the guys - January
Tignes with the Missus - February
Val Thorens with the guys - March
snow report
My once a year trip to the Alps takes me to Val d'Isere on the 11th January, I'm looking forward to it! snowHead

The places I would recommend:

Banff: I love the town and Lake Louise is my absolute favourite ski area, sadly though, the spike in prices for flights and hotels have taken it out of my price range! Sad

3 Valleys: The first ever French resort I've been to thanks to an EoSB, went again the season before last and discovered the lovely tree-lined runs of La Tania! snowHead

Paradiski: I stayed in Les Coches and had the choice of La Plagne on one side or take the cable car to Les Arc, the latter was always good! Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy