Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boots for lightweight

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
My wife is 7 1/2 stone, 5 3" and not the most powerful skiier in the world
She has a fundamental problem with getting enough forward flex on her boots, and its time to try some new ones
Her feet are about a 4 1/2 so kids boots may be an option.
Any suggestions for where to start - also, any recommended boot fitters in Essex / Herts area or Bourg St Maurice / La Plagne
Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try skee tex, in Braintree I think??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
martinperry, Ski Surf 2000, South Colchester (not far from the big Sainsbury) used to be home to a very good bootfitter and there is a ski shop down the road in Chelmsford (not sure how well skilled they are)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A solution may be to get some well made custom foot beds with heel lifts to help with the forward flex? Also spoilers at the rear of the ankle can help with forward flex
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thats an interesting question by the OP as I will probably replace my boots for the next time I ski. I currently have Rossignol Soft Cockpit Concept boots which I notice are heavier than the larger mens boots my sons hired this time.

I had the insoles heat moulded when I bought them but the fit has become all a bit loose and given that technology seems to have made boots lighter and generally moved on somewhat, I think I would be better to replace the whole boot rather than just the insole.

Thanks for the tips in the Essex area, that is where I would be looking.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CARAVAN SKIER
Snap - They are exactly the boots my missus is in at the moment - Not terribly impressed!
Thanks for the general tips - leaning to Profeet, who Ive used in the past or Edge and Wax.
Any opinions
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm a lightweight too (marginally taller and lighter than your wife with slightly smaller feet) and I find many boots too wide. I went to CEM at Solutions for Feet a couple of years ago and got a pair of Lange boots (can't remember exact model, but CEM selected them to be narrow and so that I could get forward flex) with heat-moulded insoles plus zip-fit liners and special grips to make the heels narrower. They were not cheap but fit me very well so have proved to be great value for money.

Bicester may not be exactly on your doorstep but could be combined with a trip to the Bicester Village outlets.... Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you mean Ski Plus in Chelmsford (which I think Masque does as I once bumped into him there) then they are probably OK but nothing to write home about and the staff attitude is generally poor - I only shop there when I REALLY have no choice. MrHL got boots fitted there after a problem with far too tight boots from a fitter highly regarded on here - and yep, they are a bit too big.

martinperry, Big plus 1 for Pro-feet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy