Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Let's organize a fun ski/snowboard trip!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Im looking to get a fun group together - there are so many of us who are very keen on a winterholiday, but we always put it off, as friends cant come etc..
Im looking to put a nice little fun group together, my plans are:
- a week long ski trip
- France or Austria, a lively resort
- somewhere with good nightlife (like apres ski)
- dates: Beginning of Feb- Beginning of March
- ideally, not luxurious, but as economical as we can (eg, no luxy resorts with spas etc..) We do spend most of the day on the piste, and more money left for drinkies.. Smile
- ideally for advanced/intermediates, so we can ski/board together
- age group around mid twenties to mid thirties

What do you guys think? Who would be interested?

Thanks,
Christina, 32, snowboarder, London
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on costs but I'm game.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends on costs but I'm game.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool! Im doing some research now!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
szenkri, Esdel, Lots of choice to be found here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=31&sid=8fa7a32da8178b26e54387f96ad2fbc2
already organised for you, save you the bother of research.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mate there is just too much info on that page,

I just want to know, where, when, how much.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi boredsurfin,

Had a look, but cant seem to find anything that fits the dates and location..
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have been organizing ski trips for friends for years now, so dont worry, will find the best one for a good price for these dates Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, here is the outline of the trip:

Dates: 22Feb-1 March (7 days, 6 nights), FRANCE: Chamonix or Meribel (cheapest for this period), great nightlife, great skiing for all levels, huge resorts..
It would be around £ 450-500 inc return flights from London, accommodation. Liftpasses around £ 230-260 (this is standard in France!).

Post here if you wanna join, so we can see how big the group is.
Christina Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The group is nicely coming together now! Any other joiners? Puzzled Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
im in for something similar planned for beginning of Feb! please msg if plan changes!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can we please ask what do you have planned for beginning of Feb? Maybe we can join forces..? We havent booked anything yet! rolling eyes Cool
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Beginning of feb would suit me too 😀
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like the date will not change now, quite a few people are coming! Let me know if there is more so we can start booking! Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
szenkri, what date is that?
ski holidays
Dates: 22Feb-1 March (7 days, 6 nights)
snow conditions
Ok, sorry I can't do those dates. Is there anyone else looking to go away first week feb?
snow conditions
Hi mili, Esdel,

Could you please send me your email addresses? Im putting together a FB meeting with everyone on it for this trip and we are trying to do a meetup/drinks to get the booking started.
It's next week, jan 10th, camden town london. Can you make it?

Email me pls!

Thanks!
Christina

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 31-12-13 0:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
It's not a good idea putting you email address on public forum, you may end up with strange emails. Better to private message them. 😄🏂🎿
snow conditions
I know, but i didnt see any other options... Didnt manage to contact them individually.. Shocked Confused Evil or Very Mad
latest report
szenkri, top right corner of the page you should see 'send/read' messages. You can contact them privately from there
ski holidays
Oh got it! Also found if you just click on the + next to their name there is a tiny PM icon to send them messages from there!Thanks! Toofy Grin
latest report
If anyone is interested in doing something 2 to 9 Feb, I have just booked into a chalet in La Plagne called "Genepi" with Ice and Fire, it's £499 for week, no single suppliments, plus £80 return transfer from Geneva not including flights, it's like all inclusive as all wine, beer and soft drinks are unlimited as well as usual chalet board stuff. They have 4 rooms left.
snow conditions
I do find it entertaining to see what some folk think is 'budget' skiing. To put things into perspective, the kind of offers me and my friends have been looking at are like this - a week in Les Deux Alps for four people at £297pp inc accommodation, lift pass and travel. Stick on another £30 or so for food and you have a quality weeks skiing for £327. Granted that does mean a long coach journey but I'll quite happily take that for the price on offer. Students know how to do it properly! Very Happy If anyone fancies being a 'student' with us and sticking their own flights on, just let me know!
snow conditions
I've done the bus thing but not now life too short to spend 12 hrs on bus.
ski holidays
rasmanisar,

Totally agree with you I've just booked half board for £225, what is all this budget at £600-£700
snow report
yeah but rasmanisar you are in LDA and there is a reason those deals are always so cheap Twisted Evil (done it twice before I decided never again!)

It depends on the week, the catering setup, and the group size. I used to regularly do super cheap late bookings for the first couple of weeks in Jan, but with the group now at 15-20, strong opinions on ski in/out and size of area, and a nonnegotiable demand for decent food in a chalet the bar has risen somewhat over the years!

Started a new thread here to see what other people's version of a good deal is! http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2428231#2428231

a.j.
snow report
Being 40 I'm not feeling the love on this one.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rasmanisar wrote:
I do find it entertaining to see what some folk think is 'budget' skiing. To put things into perspective, the kind of offers me and my friends have been looking at are like this - a week in Les Deux Alps for four people at £297pp inc accommodation, lift pass and travel. Stick on another £30 or so for food and you have a quality weeks skiing for £327. Granted that does mean a long coach journey but I'll quite happily take that for the price on offer. Students know how to do it properly! Very Happy If anyone fancies being a 'student' with us and sticking their own flights on, just let me know!

So you are getting travel and accommodation for about £100? (Lift pass is €225 for 6 days)

You do realise tha apartment for four will actually only just about fit a small bed and a small settee?
ski holidays
Back yo my original post here..
Our group is all set and done, resort selected, booking will be made tomorrow!

We are 7 of us, intermediates, skiers and boarders. Will book Chamonix, Feb 22, 1 week, self catered £350 (acc, flights, transfers) plus liftpass.
There is one spot left if you want to join up - but this needs to be a definite YES by tonight..

We are bookiing and paying up tomorrow! Smile)
Message me privately if you think this is for you! I'd prefer a boarder, to keep things even.. Smile
snow conditions
We just booked a trip today, with 6 of us (30's people), but there is still availability for people to join up. It's a mix of fun sociable people.

I can tell you more details if you want in! I'd prefer to have an intermediate snowboarder with me, to even things out in the group Smile
snow report
Hi Szenkri,

I am new to snowheads forum today, just noticed your post. I am an intermediate boarder (10 years of boarding a few weeks a year), and easy going guy based in London, (just got back from Burma SE Asia and missed my usual gangs boarding trip). Super keen to join a group trip, would be fun... let me know if interested to chat further.
latest report
Heya Mikey,

Sure sure, PM me for more details!

Regards,
Christina
snow report
Hi all,
Yep I'm up for that one!
Austria brilliant après ski, cheaper list pass and mountain food too!
How about, a kitzbuhel or Mayrhofen both amazing skiing and fun après:
Question: I'm in my 40's however young at heart!
JeZ
snow report
Hi everyone!

Is there anybody still looking for a trip early March?
We are a group 2-3 snowboarders in our 30's so far and interested in going to Austria ( very good deals in Kaprun for the moment)

Please get in touch!
snow report
Esdel wrote:
Mate there is just too much info on that page,

I just want to know, where, when, how much.

Dude, yeah, it's really hard looking through stuff to find stuff.
ski holidays
I think the OP has booked 22 feb to Chamonix. So I suggest posting new thread for those still looking to get away. I think there are a couple of rooms left in the chalet I'm booked for in la plagne called genepi with ice and fire and I think it's reduced to £449 for week 2 to 9 feb usual chalet board but free beer wine and soft drinks anytime, transfers from Geneva £80 return and no single supplement. Worth a look.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy