Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Busing it From La Plagne to Les Arc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey All

So i am doing 2 weeks from the 11th next month and I am staying in la plagne one week and les arc the other. We will obviously need to get all our gear across the mountain and the only time i went across to les arc was using the Vanoise Express.

Are there buses that Run from La Plagne to Les arc? If so where from, how often and how much? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Xander
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can get a free navette down to the railway station - train to Bourg and up the funiculaire. Train times at http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Put it in a rucksack and ski across
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tbh skiing across might be possible, if i bring a proper rucksack the bulk of it generally consists of my boots. But for my mate it might be more difficult as he is bringing 2 boards, Could do a few trips though.

I might suggest it to him and if hes not comfy with it we will just get the bus then train. I guess its only a few stops across from la plagne to les arc
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
xander89, I think the station for La Plagne is called Aime - and yes it's only 2/3 stops to Bourg for the funiculaire (or to Landry if you're heading more towards the Peisey side of LA.)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dubaian, cheers mate, is the funiculaire free or do you have to pay for it? Is it located at the station (bourg?) pretty simple to find after getting off the train i assume? I am at Arc 1800, what do you think would be the best stop to get off at?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
xander89, The funicular is not free, but it is covered on your lift pass.

Get off the station at Bourg, follow the signs for the funicular. I actually walk along the road rather than the footbridge. From the top of the funicular get the the navette to 1800. Where in 1800 are you staying?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi xander89,

Skiing across is unlikely to be practical as I doubt the liftys will let you on the lifts with a bag that size.

The easiest way to do this with public transport is:

- Bus to Aime
- Train Aime to Bourg St Maurice
- Funiculaire to Arc 1600
- Bus to Arc 1800

You can buy tickets for the bus online (www.altibus.com) and for the train (www.voyages-sncf.fr) Once you arrive at Bourg St Maurice look for a plastic overpass that crosses the tracks with access steps from the platform. Go up the access steps, turn left and you'll arrive at the funiculair. One-way on the funiculair is around €6 or free if you have a working liftpass for that day.

At the top of the funiculair turn left and you will see a sign pointing to a bus stop for navettes to Arc 1800 - these are free and only take a few minutes.

An easier option would be a taxi and you're looking at around €100-150 for this so might be worth it for two of you. If you are staying with a tour operator ask them about giving you a lift- most will pick up locally free of charge if you can be flexible with times.

Happy holidays!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks johnE, I will be extending my lift pass for the week after so should be fine Smile

We are staying at the Résidence Alliet. The apartment looks alright, especially as its a 3 bedroom for 400 euro for the week between 4 of us. 80 quid each isnt too bad at all. I know the apartments are pretty haggered but shoudl be fine for eating and sleeping Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow and Sunshine,

thanks for the info mate, really detailed and will help me a lot! Very Happy. The second week is just off our own backs, but i will ask our neilson ski rep we are staying with in the first week which direction they go, re transfers back. If they loop by les arc on the bus i might try and ask if we can just hop off there.

Might end up forking out the cash for a cab, but will see, we have the whole day to get over there so shouldnt be too much of an issue time wise
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway, please elucidate on this "free navette" down to Aime from La Plagne.
News to me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
xander89, I lived in the Alliet when I did my season in Les Arcs in 2010/11. Decent location just a couple of minutes walk from the slopes. Accommodation is a little basic (or in the case of our old accom, a lot basic) but really not too bad unless having up to date gleaming accommodation is very important to you. You're in the Villards area of 1800; if you're getting the Navette from 1600 there are 2 main drop offs, Charvet first then Villards (Villards uses an underground bus drop off, Charvet out in the open so easy to recognise the difference). From the bus drop off its 2 minutes walk to your apartments.

I can't recall there being a reception in l'Alliet; seemed more like seasonal accommodation than for tourists, so you may need to check that first and where you get your keys from.

You should at least be able to get a lift down the valley in la Plagne from your TO. But I reckon if you go the taxi route it won't cost too much between you and you can guarantee that you'll be able to ski on transfer day, which if its a Saturday is by far the quietest day of the week on the slopes. That in itself is worth paying the extra for IMO.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy