Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll, Ski Welt updates and tips.

Poster: A snowHead
Have been to Soll about 7 times but have never made it over to Westendorf - always felt there was plenty to do going round hohe salve Little Angel Is this the year we should push ourselves to go over there & if so what's the best runs Confused
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarletgirl, Head over towards the Key West Gondola, the area of blues below Choralpe / Talkaser can get very busy, but they are nice in the early morning. If you are going over there then it may be worth while getting the kitzbuhler all star pass, its only a short (5min) bus ride to the kitzbuhel slopes. Also if that seems a bit far away head to Going, its a nice trek across and back in a day. Either way you won't be dissapointed, its really satidfying getting the miles under the belt.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Key West blue run is also open for what I believe is the first time this season. Apparently it's one of the best runs in the SkiWelt.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All looking great at the moment joe1978!! These were taken over the weekend- anecdotal evidence, obv!! wink

Fri:

Sat:

Sun:

Aaaandddd, Monday Happy

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me and the hubster are heading to Soll on Monday without the kids for the first time in 15yrs wahoo Blush loving the photosHumpfknick,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Aww enjoy Zobo!! And thanks, haha! Might see you for the Salvenstadtl race on Friday?! Head up to the middlestation for it, it's good craic wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh, and I presume you already know to use the Edinger garage (under the gondola) for your skis, but if not- here's a helpful video. Lol!! wink

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for thisHumpfknick, we have been to Soll a few times over the yrs but always with the kids, this is a proper treat, no more racing down the hills without stopping for a few beers, we will defo be making the most of the mountain huts. Plus I had knee surgery to remove a torn Meniscus in November but hey that's not stopping me! excited.com NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks BAJJ, will give that a go. Great photos Humpfknick, - only 3 sleeps left Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Humpfknick, looks amazing and checking the meteocentre website data it looks like more on way too!!
Any must do's for food? Mrs Joe and I like our grub so recommendations for good traditional food would be most welcome!!
not long now!!

Joe
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
joe1978, youll be spoilt for choice!! Lots of great places to eat in the village, and the food on the mountain is great too- all very traditional. Here's a tripadvisor list, http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant...rian_Alps.html. You HAVE to try the Wienerschnitzel in the Oberhausberg, which is halfway down the blue family run to the village- it's renowned locally for being the best schnitzel in the area- I looove this place!! It's ski instructor central from 3pm lol wink My personal favourite for a nice dinner is the Dorfstubn- lovely traditional feel and great food. There's also the Postwirt bang in the middle of town which is slightly pricier, but also very traditional, great food and usu live music later on. Both of these places do AMAZING steaks Happy Also SollerStuben and Kaiserstuben have great food too. If you want casual right next to the pubs there's Chico's, which is across the road from the Salven Stadtl and above the Underground Bar. Nice pizza, very reasonable and you can bring it downstairs to the bar & eat it with your pint if you like. There's also Bella Vita and Rossini, which are both lovely but with a more modern, less traditional vibe. If you ski to Ellmau, you can stop for ribs at the Rebezahl Alm, or at Going stop at the BlattlAlm (my favourite!!) for Blattl, their house speciality which is potato pancakes with sauerkraut. Sounds dodgy but it's SO tasty!! ANd veggie friendly too, which is slightly unusual in the traditional food, lol! Ah you'll have a great time- any queries get on here or shoot me a PM Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AND you have to have to just skip dinner one of the days and have a steak semmel outside the SalvenStadtl- they're loely The also do breakfast rolls which I've ever tried but are very highly regarded by the hungover masses!! The Talstation next to the Gondel station (at the bottom) does great Gluhwein, homemade by Linda, and she does great Dutch-style chips if you want a tasty, handy snack.Scarletgirl, the countdown is nearly over- you must be so excited!! Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
joe1978, +1 for Humpfknick, 's recommendation for the Dorfstuben & Postwirt for food & also the music - Frog on the Tyne there 2 nights. Any other bands recommended Humpfknick, ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Keep an eye out for Rossy Mac, and Cookoo are knocking about too, and Insanity Sauce (if you're ready for hardcore-rock-partying, lol!!).

Make sure you hit the Dubliner for a pint of Guinness/Whiskey- it's run by two good friends of mine, and they have the place heaving till 5 am most nights, the musicians tend to head back there after gigs (inside info, lol!) When you eventually hit the toilets you can think of me- I bought them the traditional door signs for Christmas. That's how you know its a REAL Irish bar, lol!! wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Humpfknick,. The Dubliner's a new one for us & definitely one we'll visit - Mr Scarlet's a big whiskey fan Little Angel Will be certain to check out the toilets too Very Happy
ski holidays
Haha make sure you tell Sean & Sinead that the toilet doors are the BEST PART! Lol wink
snow report
Scarletgirl, be careful though- they have some REALLY nice whiskeys- your hubby might never leave lol! It's a lovely bar, real traditional cosy feel & a great atmosphere Happy
ski holidays
This kind of info is amazing, thanks Humpfknick
I'm spending more time at work watching webcams than anything else this week.
I hope I enjoy it cause I'm going back out in early March too!!
ski holidays
Haha twice in one year joe1978, I love it! I think you'll like the place though, I can feel it in me warthers, lol, There's a reason so many people come back year after year. Did you watch the vide links above too? I love the one from the garage- brilliant! wink
latest report
Humpfknick, the videos aren't showing up for me, even when I'm logged in to facebook?
I've done Saalbach and Mayrhofen countless times so looking forward to schnapps on a different mountain lol
snow conditions
Ah sugar, the group mustn't be properly set to public! I'll have a look at it... In the meantime, here's a video of some of what you can expect (you may have seen it on the other thread- apologies if so!) Cut to around 8.40 for the snow, my favourite bit is 10.19 wink

http://youtube.com/v/kNKUUMmWc0k
ski holidays
joe1978, try this link- any joy?! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152566518314115&set=o.440693636053483&type=2&theater
ski holidays
All working now Humpfknick, Salven Stadl looks fun!!
snow report
Ah you cant help but smile in the SalvenStadtl!! And now you know how to keep the depot boys happy, lol!! Wink
snow conditions
This morning Happy

snow report
Packing today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy We'll be in the Stalvenstadle for 5pm apes on Sunday. If anyone else there, come & say Hi - we'll be the 50 something couple, me in pink & him in green, propping up the bar lol wink
ski holidays
Soll - here we come Very Happy
latest report
Have a great time, and do report back!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarletgirl, I might see you for the SalvenStadtl race on Friday?! Have a great time!!! Happy
latest report
For anyone who's about- good fun! Smile https://www.facebook.com/events/583190305100597/
snow conditions
What a great wee town.
Had a wander round this afternoon, declined the crystal reps offer of ski garage even though sh assured me it was the one at the gondola. Shuck if course it isn't. Smile
A couple of beers a bite to eat and then to get ready for tomorrow.
ski holidays
Ah great joe1978, enjoy!! And you can smile as you stroll on by the schmucks clamouring at the Stoll garage in the morning wink
latest report
joe1978, so you know what to expect in the morning, lol wink

http://youtube.com/v/awRC6cKsqa8&feature=youtu.be
ski holidays
Ha. We'll be using them next week. Most unnecessary video ever though?
snow report
I don't know, some of my friends STILL haven't mastered depot etiquette, lol! Smile
ski holidays
Snow parks in Soll due to open on Wednesday, yaay!! Happy
snow report
But cloudy up top today but a nice first day for a leg stretch just cruising around hoch Soll.
Still getting my bearings but I haven't found dubliner yet o Very Happy
snow conditions
Go into the Red Horse (Rubin), its the Hotel with huge signs outside, behind the MPreis & the Salvenstadtl. The Dubliner is in at the back of the Red Horse bar- and away from the mental disco music- it's lovely!! Doesn't open till after 6 though, so maybe pop in for an after dinner whiskey Happy
latest report
A quick question: are the nursery slope lifts in Soll free, or would you still need a lift pass?

Wondering what the opportunities for Saturday late afternoon skiing might be. Lift passes start Sunday.
latest report
denfinella, As I recall the nursery slopes in Soll are up the mountain, so you'll need to get the gondola to get there - which implies a lift pass is needed. But I think there may be one or two lifts in the village that you could sneak onto...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy