Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll, Ski Welt updates and tips.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
laura1182, Hi Laura We went from Soll to Westerndorf 1st week in Feb & the blue 111 was great - loads of lovely snow. Going from Soll to Brixen was no problem ( lift 43 & 7 & run 3 I think!!). The run down to Brixen looked horrible so we took the gondola down & no problem at all in Westerndorf. We also went from Soll to Ellmau a couple of times during the week with no problems there or back - though snow was slushy in the afternoon. Fingers crossed for you for March 1st Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks everyone - fingers crossed the temperatures drop and the snow remains good for a couple more weeks!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got back from a week in Soll this Saturday, and had a great time.

We arrived in resort at 2pm, and Snow+Fun let us pick up our skis early for free. 6-day lift passes are valid from 3pm the previous day (!), so we got a bonus 2 hours skiing in on the Saturday, on deserted pistes!

Snow was in great condition - almost no slush or ice to speak of, except on the very bottom of the north and south facing resort runs respectively. Loads of snow on all of the runs above mid-station, which is 90% of the area. A few smallish falls of snow above about 800m kept everything nice and fresh throughout the week. Ellmau, Going and Westerndorf had the best cover down to the resorts, and Soll and Scheffau decent too. Pistes down to Itter and Hopfgarten were fine, but the bottom sections were fingers of snow on otherwise green landscapes. The only notable closed runs were the two down to Brixen - the red run was actually passable last week, but only just, and needs more snow before it can re-open. Late season might threaten the resort runs though, if temperatures don't drop.

Ride straight on to almost every lift. One or two minutes wait for a few key links (e.g. Filzboden sixpack, Eiberg double quad before they opened the second one) if we timed it badly. The Going and Westendorf areas were the real gems for me - runs of the week were the runs from the top of the Astberg lift, and pretty much all the longer Westendorf runs. The new Choralmbahn gondola, which you have to use to get back from the far end of the Westendorf area, was the only bottleneck of the week - we queued for 15 minutes or so here along with everybody else trying to get back from that area! We did also plan to visit Kelchsau, but missed the bus. But the main area provided more than enough for a week - we skied all of the open runs I think, but hardly any more than once.

Another pleasant surprise was the price of food - 8 euros for a main course in the self-service mountain restaurants, and 9-10 in resort. Cheaper than many places in the UK! The overall Crystal TO experience was good too - flights all on time, quick transfers and a good value chalet/pension with massive breakfasts and afternoon cake.

laura1182, you'll have a great time I'm sure!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Time for a selfish bump back to page 1 since I'm heading out to Soll again next Wednesday.
How's things holding up piste-wise? Anything to report etc? Smile Smile

Joe
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That means you'll be there for THIS Joe- get your names down for it!! (Jager & schnapps will be provided, lol) wink

https://www.facebook.com/events/1435883289982448/?source=3&source_newsfeed_story_type=regular
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I watched the last one from
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I watched the last one from the restaurant at the bottom of keat.
Some impressive skiing there. Don't know how I'd fair on a snowboard. Lol
What are the jungle drums saying re snowfall? Any flurrys on the horizon?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The jungle drums are saying no snow for the moment joe! But it's warm during the day and cold at night, so the conditions are great! It's been like this all season and the pistes have remained in great nick, so no worries. just pack your sunscreen! I'll try to stick up a few photos over the weekend Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That presents a problem, if it's nice and sunny lunch tends to drift to 2 hours and more beer gets drunk. Oh dear!! Very Happy Very Happy

Humpfknick, I see from the Skiwelt website that the runs down to Brixen are still closed, do you know if the gondola downlift is chok-a-block to get over to Westendorf side?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I was there a few weeks ago - it was not chock a block late afternoon but busy so allow yourself plenty of time to get back to Westendorf or you may have to wait ages fro the infrequent bus service. Main problem was stupid local management as there was plenty of room on the gondolas but only one channel open on the card reader turnstile.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
countryman, cheers.
We're in Soll, it was more to get over that way in the morning than returning with the pistes being closed.
I was out a month ago and the slopes were getting battered but were still in use. I am curious to see how the igloo's have fared(sp?) in the tropical conditions haha.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
countryman, no it's not too bad on the Gondel, next week will be busier because its Fasching, but you'll get there!joe1978 was in the iglu yesterday, it's still standing! Completely fine Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Went over to Westendorf today - no problem with gondola queues down to Brixen. The Brixen home run is just a green field. North facing slopes are in good condition, south facing slopes get very slushy as the day progresses. Very poor visibility today, fingers crossed for some sun tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes laura1182 the visibility this morning was DIRE!! Brightened up in the afternoon though Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Soll at the moment:

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy