Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll, Ski Welt updates and tips.

Poster: A snowHead
Great day today. Plenty of sunshine & great snow. Went to Scheffau & back round via Hopfgarten. Currently in Rossinis enjoying Frog on the Tyne. Going to the Dubliner tomorow

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobW, think there are two (?) lifts near the gondola bottom station. Those were the ones I was thinking of!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
denfinella the nursery slopes are in the village, a drag and a button. AFAIK they are free for one trip without a liftpass (to get to the gondola/ski garage/lift pass kiosk), so if I were you I'd buy my liftpass on Saturday, head up to the nursery slopes & check it out then. If it's only good for one trip on the button you could always buy a few top-up points at the kiosk, which is right in front of the gondola station. Or you could just ask when you drop your gear to the garage, which is at the gondelstation anyway wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Awww Scarletgirl, ya gotta love the Frog on the Tyne!! Will you be at the Salvenstadtl race on Friday? I'll be the one in the pink jacket & white helmet, with the telemark team wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Humpfknick, I wasn't aware of top-up points? How do they work? *edit: seen it on the website now. Interesting...*

We'll be receiving lift passes on the transfer from the airport (hopefully), so that will already be sorted. Yes, we can ask at Edinger Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
denfinella well done for making sense of my post- I just reread it & it's a clear as mud, lol!! Are you arriving this Saturday?!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes we are. Can't wait! And snow starting to appear in the forecast which is always good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is LOTS of snow, no worries about that!! Might see you around the town Saturday night so wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good to hear. Webcams look great at the moment too.

Will have to see how much energy we've got left on Saturday - 2am alarm call necessary that morning... Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oooh, it'll probably be early doors for you so!! Are you up for ski school on Sunday?!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No ski school, but sufficiently keen that we'll aim to be ready for first lift! 8am I believe?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Correct!! Go you! Happy The OH is working Sunday morning so we won't be far behind you!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fantastic. Give us a wave if you see a couple of young guys jumping up and down excitedly at the front of the queue!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Although you will probably recognise us as the couple where he's in uniform carrying 2 pairs of skis and I'm somewhere behind with 4 poles and a bottle of Powerade. Tale as old as time, lol wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Haha denfinella, oops! Why did I think you were female?! These usernames can be quite confusing lol wink
snow conditions
Must be the way I type... *bats eyelids*
ski holidays
Lol!! Possibly Wink
snow conditions
Two really warm days in a row. Just had to stop for a slightly longer lunch in a sunny spot to enjoy it properly. (Somewhere on run 3)
All credit to the mountain workers for keeping everything as good as it is, although it's getting a little patchy is some of the very low areas. Mostly noticed over the sunnier brixen side right enough.
There are mixed forecasts if snow towards the end of the week which suits us fine as we're counting on getting an extra day courtesy of a late flight back home on Saturday!!
latest report
Yes, poor Brixen tends to get it bad alright! Soll is lucky in that it is mainly North facing, and yes the piste maintenance is a credit to them! It's amazing what they can do...
ski holidays
It wasn't much better today Humpfknick, the link run, 1b, was a bit muddy looking this morning as went down it on our way over to Brixen/Westendorf but looked almost impassable as we ascended the hochbrixen gondala at 15.30. (Yeah it was cutting it tighter than I like for last lifts on the return to Soll.)
Saying that higher up and on north facing slopes the conditions are still really good.
Got all the way to the bottom of the ki-west today, really good day if not a long one. Really deserved my grostl in Dorf Stub'n tonight!!
latest report
Haha!! Cool Happy Yes that's cuttin git tight coming from Brixen alright!! It's not so bad getting stuck anywhere else, but Brixen is an expensive taxi ride back to Soll!! Aaaah, grostl in Dorfstubn, lovely!! Are you going to the Salven races on Friday? Might see you there Happy
snow report
Not sure Humpfknick, I've seen the posters around what's the craic?
snow report
It's a big race over by the Keat, very informal & great fun, anyone can enter it's a €10 cover fee. Then there's an after part in the Salven, lots of prizes etc. It's a bit of craic, esp if you fancy giving it a go yourself. The OH is gonna do it on telemarks, should be a laugh!! wink
ski holidays
Hi all,

Soll seems to be the place to be. I am so hungry now after reading about the lovely food in the mountain huts and restaurant.

I have been to the SkiWelt 3 times but never stayed in Soll. We have holidays coming up mid March and I was looking where to go and after reading this thread Im thinking about Soll.

What is it like in mid March? And i am always worried about the snow conditions? Can anybody advise?

Moonshine Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Moonshine

I was also looking at Skiwelt mid march as well. Many have said that early - mid march is prime snow time, but it seems that the skiwelt in particular isn't getting much this year (at least, not as much as past years). Although from above they people seem to be skiing fine.

My impression is that much of Europe has less snow than previous years. But that could all change with a big dump.
snow report
It seems that all the precipitation is happening over London Sad although right now it's sunny.
snow conditions
Just back from a super week in Soll, yes it's warm and I have never seen the village so Spring like but wow do they know how to look after the slopes! The snow in the morning in tip top shape. Slightly softer to be expected pm but some great skiing to be had. First time I have come back with a tan at this time of yr! 17 degrees at the middle station read out yesterday! Yes more snow would be brilliant to turn it back to a Winter Wonderland but we had a great week! Ski, sun and cold beer pretty much perfect. Cool
ski holidays
Little update from Soll. It's pouring just now in the village. BUT........ It's dumping on the mountain!! snowHead snowHead
We did the night skiing tonight and it started raining heavy as we walked up to the gondola but about 1/3 of the way up the snow level was reached and at the gondola station oh god I was like a kid in a sweet shop. Freshly groomed slopes covered with a good bit of powder and only about 30 folk up there. Heaven!!
It was still chucking it down when we made our way back down at 21.30.
It's made for day of extremes, sunbathing in 17 deg blue skies at lunchtime then night skiing in fresh powder. Carlsberg don't do days on the mountain but if they did...
Joe
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing at the moment, shaping up to be a good week! Smile
ski holidays
Back from our week in a Soll yesterday & like Zobo, had a fabulous time. Yes snow would have been better if it had been a bit colder but still plenty of the white stuff to keep us going all day. Good that it was snowing Friday night for those out there this week. Après was as good and varied as ever - frog on the tyne, blood shot eyes, Rossy Mac & we really enjoyed Cukkoo - listened to them from the bar in the Dubliner! Shame we have to wait another 12 months before doing it all again wink
ski holidays
Hi all,

I have finally bit the bullet and booked a week in Soll in mid March with TO . I hope I have made the right decision and hope that there will be plenty of snow left for us to ski on!!!!
I have been looking at the webcams lately and it looks good and snow is forecast in the next few days or so. Very Happy

I love the Ski Welt and can't wait to get there to Ski again. I am also wanting to try out the Apre Ski and Soll seems to be a good place for that.

HAPPY SKIING EVERYONE.

Moonshine Very Happy Smile
snow report
What dates did you book, Moonshine?! The snow has been so late this year that I'm confident we'll be fine till the end of March at least. Fingers crossed!! Happy
ski holidays
Hi Humpfknick

Arrive in Soll Saturday 15th March. Yes, fingers crossed the snow will be good.
Looking forward to it now. Very Happy
latest report
Ooh that's a big day in the village- there's a big fundraising event at the Middlestation in memory of one of the local instructors. There's a rope race, bands etc, try to get up if you can!! What time will you arrive?
snow conditions
Also, they're turning the slopes green for St Patricks Day, lol!! Wink
snow conditions
Scarletgirl hope you had a great time. I know it's all over to soon! Skullie Skullie Sad
ski holidays
HI Humpfnick,

hoping to get to Soll in the afternoon. Hopefully we can get the ski hire sorted as soon as we get there and get a few runs on slopes before the lifts will shut.

it will be amazing to see the slopes green. Lol. Cant wait. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I'm heading to Ellmau on 1st March, usually stay in Soll but couldn't get accommodation this year. How are the snow conditions holding up in the warm weather? Are the runs to the valley ok? My favourite run is blue 111 in Westendorf but not sure we will get there this year if the links aren't open.

Any updates would be great thanks.
snow report
laura1182, arrived back yesterday evening and will write an update this eve. Conditions good though!
latest report
Just back from soll and had a really great time. skiing on Friday was fantastic, especially over towards scheffau / Ellmau where there is no shortage of snow.
Yes the valley was mostly green and the home runs were slushy in the afternoon but they were open and we skied them every day and this certainly didn't affect our enjoyment. Conditions on the hill were really great though and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously. All the links were open, managed to ski to and back from going on wednesday and friday so no issue there. All in all a great week and p;entry of snow forecast.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy