Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Australia looking for a mountain in Austria for the 2014 season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all fellow snow lovers,

I am Australian travelling on my own around Europe. Currently I am living in Edinburgh waiting for my Schengen visa to renew so I can return to continental Europe for a season of riding.
I have been travelling for almost 8 months now so I do not have ridiculous amount of money but I do like to hit the park, off-piste and don't mind a few beers at the end of the day.

For some reason I am gravitating to Austria and everyone has told me to head for St Anton. Is this a good decision and if so could you please point me in the right direction for cheap shared accommodation?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
St Anton isn't the cheapest place you could find in Austria (in fact it's one of the most expensive), but does have some good riding.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When you say 2014 season, do you mean this Winter (2013/14) or next Winter (2014/15)? If it is this Winter and you are wanting to come here to St Anton, in addition to what Elizabeth B says about it not being the cheapest place, accom is very difficult to come by, particularly for the season and at a reasonable cost. Check out this Facebook group, might be people who can help more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/661904233853697/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Eliz B, could you recommend a good Austrian mountain which is also reasonably priced? I have heard Mayrhofen is also a good mountain with the perks of Snowbombing later in the season, I am assuming this is also an expensive mountain though.

I will be heading there next month so yeah 2013/14 winter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paddnton, welcome!

Austria is, in general cheaper than other European destinations for mountain holidays and your € will go a lot further in the pub at the end of the day. However, if you head towards the larger, well know places then obviously the prices will be high for accommodation. Mayrhofen will certainly tick your box for apres beers and a good park. Its likely to be cheaper and easier to find shared accommodation too as many, many seasonaires head out there from the UK. Take a look at Soelden too for banging Austrian apres, a great park and no less than three glaciers to play about on late into the season.

Depending on how your German is, then take a look around at some of the lesser known areas too (try Salzburgerland as well as the Tirol) and don't be afraid to head off the beaten track. There are so many great ski areas, that rarely even register on the radar of people outside Austria! If you have transport when down there, you may want to look at some lifts covered by the same pass, but in different areas (e.g. Ski Amade or Salzburg Super Ski Card).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mayrhofen has a great park and op, and is cheaper for almost everything than here in the UK.

It has great scope for riding areas all up and down the ziller valley too.

Look up my Mayrhofen op thread and Easter thread.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy