Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transport - Val D'Isere to Morzine mid-week in January?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone knows of any buses which might take me from Val D'Isere to Morzine on a Wed/Thurs PM in January? I have friends in both places and need to get around while I'm out there!

It seems such a bore to get a transfer back to Geneva, then one back to Morzine!

Many Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
capability, I think you'd be very lucky to get there directly!

VDI to GVA then morzine shouldn't be to bad though Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
capability, no buses on that route but a cab will do the job door-2-door Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers chaps - I'm thinking a cab will be around 100-140 euros though?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd guess a bit more than that as they always seem to be v.v.v.v.expensive in the Alps!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bus to Geneva then to Morzine I say then!

Thanks!

Fingers crossed for more snow!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Actually, thinking about this again, does anybody know of a low cost airport transfer service which does mid-week runs?

Thanks
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fi,

From Morzine you can take a bus to Cluses, train from Cluses to Bourg St Maurice (via Annecy, Chambery and Albertville) and connecting bus to Val d'Isere.

It will take a good part of the day each way - and cost about £77 (sterling) return

http://www.altibus.com for buses Morzine-Cluses and Bourg St Maurice
http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/ for trains

Or you could try the carpool section of this website and perhaps find someone doing the journey Annecy - Val d'isere http://itineraire.mobisavoie.fr/ri/?rub_code=4 (for Savoie only - so you'd need to get bus Morzine-Cluses and train Cluses-Annecy)

or this car sharing website http://www.covoiturage.fr/ wher you can post days and journey you want

Or just hire a car in Morzine - there is a Europcar franchise in Morzine
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Simply snow - great information, thank you for that. The use of the train seems to be a solution, but more connections equal more time. It's not an easy thing to coordinate, however the car sharing website looks good.

I may go with an Alpybus transfer to Geneva from Morzine, then Altibus to Tignes. Travelling during the evening so as not not loose ski time! It seems the easiest solution...

I'll keep looking for the moment.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy