Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute post New Year trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, I'm trying to shoehorn in a cheeky couple of days post new year but even at this late stage the choice seems bewildering.

We'd be looking to arrive on the 1st and we fly home on the 4th from Friedrichshafen.

I've been thinking of three broad options.

1) Stay somewhere cheap off mountain (such as Bregenz or Dornbrin) and then drive up to a resort each day. Would this be a nightmare? How likely are the roads to be closed / need chains if a big dump comes?

The advantage of this way seems to be that the hotels in the valley are cheap (and available) and final drive to the airport should be easy. The obvious disadvantage being that you have to drive quite a bit.

2) Try to find a b+b at (or at this late stage) probably near a resort. Issue with this is how to find said b+b!

Other than this where in that area would you recommend we go? I've been thinking about the Arlberg resorts, Ischgl or somewhere smaller in that area (any tips?). That or looking a little further afield Davos or the Innsbruck resorts.

As we'll prob only get two days on the slopes sheer resort size is not important (but queue size is!), one of us is an early intermediate and the other is a more 'intermediate' intermediate so we're looking for more crusey blues with great scenery rather than brutal reds!

Help me knowledgeable snowheads! My brain is melting.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schnee42, Search for chalet booking on google for the area you want. That will bring up all the usual accommodation agency sites which should let you check availability and make bookings. Just see how close the ski bus or the slopes are before committing. I've just been searching for a self catering chalet for 12 people in Feb, so have got pretty used to checking things out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy