Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to Ski in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the first time in a number of years, I will get some say in where I ski this year.

The criteria:-
Austria (I will be travelling from the far west (Feldkirch) and my friend will be coming from near Salzburg, so somewhere where it's easy for us both to get to)
Not Zell am See/Kaprun/Saalbach as we've skied there a lot
Probably not Ski Amade as we've both worked there, although it's a big area so I'm not definitely ruling it out
Good advanced skiing but not too expensive (would love St Anton but can't justify the money)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serfaus.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty of reasonably priced B&Bs in St Anton! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anywhere along the Zillertal or maybe Skiwelt. I would say plenty to see and ski in the Amadé region as well but not as easy to get to from the west unless you travel via the Große Deutscheeck wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, Samerberg Sue's suggestion of the Zillertal is a good one - have you been there before? There are several threads on here about the Zillertal skiing - I leave you do to the searching wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers, that's given me a starter of where to look. I've just hit into the habit of going where I get sent, I've forgotten how to choose!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, where have you already skied in the Amadé region? Easy for your friend to reach, maybe no so easy for you.

How will you both be travelling? Travelling by train may give you better timings to plan your arrival. Today for example travelling by car would be a nightmare - the A8 is virtually at a standstill from Munich south. And the approach to Munich from the north (A9) and the A99 eastbound are not much better. I'd hate to see it next week, but I'm already in resort so it does not bother me. I'm waiting until about 18.00 this afternoon to set off as traffic should be easier then. Fern Pass is down to alternate traffic flow (Blockanfertigung) and the Arlberg (A14 is mostly stop & go according to the ÖAMTC travel advice site!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue, I've skied Wagrain. My friend will be there the week before but doesn't know yet where she will be based.

Not 100% sure on travel yet. We've both got transport out if we need to the resorts we are in the week before. I could drive, which would then make Ski Amade a sensible option. If I don't drive then we'll both be reliant on public transport to get wherever we decide and then to an airport to return home.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If St Anton is too expensive maybe look staying in one of the adjacent villages (ski bus is quite good). Email the St A tourist office with your requirements/budget and see what they come up with - you may be (positively) surprised!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy