Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel - current status from travelling SHs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
genepi, sarah, No we weren't thankfully, due to the terminals overwhelmed WiFi that's all I managed to post! We were delayed an hour and a half in the end. Whilst one can accept the delay what can't be accepted is the appalling conditions in the terminal. Only one set of Gents toilets were open and they were in a terrible mess. There were huge queues for the overpriced food, no seats to be had and all the while the booze and fag shop was nearly empty, they really need to get that terminal sorted out, at minimum have some extra seating available when delays build up.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, don't know why they don't scrap the duty free shop, never particularly busy and most people just want to get through and home. Bite to eat and loo at best.

They redesigned the entire set up to try and get more people into building which IMHO has just led to more delays outside and more people ignoring it and driving straight to trains - often as the delays at UK border has meant they lost any time they would have had!

At least travelling other than for skiing we have the caravan, so loos, seat and food not a problem Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

don't know why they don't scrap the duty free shop

hint: german supermarket is cheaper for spirits per liter (remembering to account for the 70cl vs 1liter). and I'd expect the same is true for other popular ski resort destinations.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Clearly Eurotunnel are expecting a repeat of recent shenanigans at half term. It's over 5 weeks away and today I have had the following email:

Quote:
Dear Sarah,

Important pre-travel information

As you are travelling during one of our busiest travel periods of the year, we wanted to give you some pre-travel advice to ensure your trip with us goes as smoothly as possible.

List of busy dates

Folkestone to Calais February 14, 15
Calais to Folkestone February 21, 22, 23

Thinking of taking a roof box or bicycles?

At the time of your booking, you would have been asked whether or not you would be taking a roof box or bicycles on your holiday. If you indicated that you were not going to, but have now decided that you are, you must call our Contact Centre on 08443 35 35 35 and check whether we are able to allocate the correct space on the departure you have reserved.

Arrival and check-in times

We advise you to keep to your booked departure time and not to arrive early or late, during this busy period, as we will not have space to accommodate you. You should therefore plan to check-in at least 30 minutes prior and no more than 2 hours before your booked departure time.

Passport and documentation

All passengers (including any pets that are travelling with you) will need a valid passport or ID card. A driving licence is not a valid document for travelling abroad. Please ensure you have your passport or ID card within easy reach and out of its wallet before approaching border controls.

24-hour Customer Information Line

Before setting off on your journey please call our 24 hour pre-recorded Customer Information Line on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00 or visit www.eurotunnel.com/latest which will give you the latest travel information for both the Folkestone and Calais Terminals.

We look forward to welcoming you on board and wish you a pleasant journey with us.

Yours sincerely,

Jo Willacy
Commercial Director
Commercial Division - Passenger

Well anyone trying to check in at 30mins prior will have no chance as several SHs testified to over the Christmas and New Year peak periods rolling eyes

What happens then, when you try to arrive 'on time' but can't get to the check in booth because of a 90 min queue and so you miss your slot and they have no spare capacity so what do they do?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarah, I received the email too for both of the days we crossed and didn't have any problems. And I suspect in the scenario you mention, everyone just gets bumped back. I've got a crossing or two to book, must get round to it soon.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, just seen I had it for the New Year dates too, we were lucky and had minimal disruption really compared to some on the days we travelled. I think you're right, I suspect they don't really stick to booked times more just crowd management of first come first served within a timeframe, no other way to manage it really.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just booked ours for half term, very little left, luckily we can be flexible but I guess we should decide our Easter dates & do that next!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick D, Easter not usually so bad at all fortunately.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy