Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner ski purchase advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I am 180cm/85kg beginner, this will be my third season with only 2.5 weeks in total on the slopes. I am skiing only on piste and hate ice so trying to avoid it.
Next month I am going to Italy for 7 days and looking for advice what ski would be best for me to rent.

Last year I tried quite short (~158cm) soft Atomics, don't remember model but they were very maneuverable with impressive grip on short turns. Later I noticed,
once go straight, I can feel the ski trying to get on its edges so I almost crashed couple of times. Also stability at 65km/h speed was terrible and I had lot of vibration in the front of the skies. So I looking some ski without problems I have just mention.
Right now I can easily take any black track, but my technique is terrible. I am intend to take 3 days for technique improvement and rest for the speed.

My priorities:
Stability at Speed
Forgiveness
Quickness/Bumps

Excuse my bad English, its my third language
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kemeris, Assuming this is a genuine enquiry (sorry, but we get many folks who muck around on here), welcome to SH's. Perhaps you will be OK by not overestimating your ability to the hire shop, sticking with something about chin height, taking what they suggest and getting some lessons.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for replay Megamum,

I am from Latvia, we are small country and have no decent slopes at all. Most our so called 'experts' are miserable. Any decent gear for rent are at least 3 year old stuff brought from bigger European countries. Sales and rent people try to offer most expensive stuff and really don't care what you actually need. This is the price we pay being small Mad

Now back to topic. Clearly stated I am beginner, described my current situation. Getting some lessons is definitely good advice but I cant afford that in Apls. Still seeking some advice on specific models.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kemeris, rent in italy - you will get quality gear
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hobbiteater, +1

Don't buy yet, rent in Italy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was thinking about 2 years old Head i.Supershape Speed for 110€, but rent in Italy make sens, will take you advice.

Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy