Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teaching your Other Half to Ski/Snowboard

Poster: A snowHead
Just to say a big thank you to all who gave their opinions and stories about teaching your Other Half to ski or snowboard. We have published a feature on our on line ski and snowboard style magazine, Style Altitude with SnowHeads quotes...it is in the section Locker Room which is mostly for guys (and for girls we have Powder Room)..
I would also welcome any more feature thoughts for the future...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you get the contributors to agree to using their words for your article? Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You do realize there isnt even a link to 'the locker room' on your site?

Also you have some formatting issues where your twitter feed is and theres a few conflicting javascript issues too
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
meh, hopefully he did as he's quoted complete with log in names quite extensively, and hopefully he got admin's permission too as he has referred to snowheads but not given a link.

looking at the article it's a cut an paste job from the replies on the thread - very lazy "journalism"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Although polite I doubt you need permission for any of that. I'm not definite though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The whole Locker Room/Powder Room thing is very cringeworthy. I guess if it's aimed at the kids on that sex & snow TV show who think being a 'lad' is the greatest thing on the planet then I can see the demographic but otherwise bleugh.

To quote:

"Lock up your bitches, the alpha male has arrived."

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 19-12-13 12:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tiffin, of course you do. Anything you write is your own IP, even if published on a forum. In the same way that they couldn't just rip off an article from another blog or magazine. Particularly as their venture is for profit and they are effectively using other peoples content to make money.

There is fair use but quoting whole thing verbatim is not covered by it.

Of course they can get away with it because unlike another publication people are unlikely to complain.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They've attributed the quotes to the posters, and they're not passing them off as their own work, nor are they charging people to read it.
The article is so much arsegas its pointless anyway, and the original thread is more likely to have more eyeballs on it than their reprint.

Plus they didn't use my comment so i'm upset Crying or Very sad .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways, fair use would be partially quoting with attribution for a certain set of circumstance:

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/copy/c-other/c-exception.htm

The lack of charge to read is no barrier to the work being commercial.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Given the OP contains this:
Quote:
I am writing a feature for a new online ski and snowboard magazine and would really appreciate guys' (or girls') views? If you don't want to be quoted just let me know...
It might seem reasonable to infer the tacit consent of the subsequent posters to that topic, that they be quoted.

However, no they have not asked snowHeads' consent overall and while each individual poster holds copyright to their own posts and hence the right to reproduce them anywhere they like on an individual basis, it is against our terms to copy content from snowHeads without prior permission. Accordingly, while it would be legitimate to write an original summary of the content of a topic, copying a thread outright or summarizing its contents through selected quotation is quite wrong unless prior permission has been acquired.
In either case, one would tend to expect a link back.

So that's what's rather more annoying here: that there is not even a link back to snowHeads - this really is the 'minimum courtesy' required, after all, even Aldi were polite enough to ask before quoting!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are you Be Nice please! serious? Girl talk? what a load of sexist shite.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Girl talk? what a load of sexist shite

well, that was my reaction but I thought maybe this might be par for the course for this sort of airhead website, which I wouldn't normally look at, being not only old but also not remotely interested in whether I am qualifying as "stylish". rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, ooh, lovely and lawyerly - makes me feel cosy all over. wink
PS Why aren't you coming to Radstadt? Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
erm... no-one invited me Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dear God, what a load of tosh. Couldn't get past the first page with this wonderful prose:
WHY A MAN LOVES HIS VAN
For an Action Man, a van is the ultimate toy box on wheels. If a man's home is his castle then his van is his shiny steed, carrying him on far flung ski and snowboard adventures.
rolling eyes
latest report
admin, oh ffs, they were advertising all over your flippin' forum. Pack your bags, it's not too late.
latest report
admin wrote:
... it is against our terms to copy content from snowHeads without prior permission.

Interesting comment, admin. You know how I hate this area of discussion ... but just couldn't resist ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=105674

[tongue in cheek, with the emphasis on cheek]
latest report
Storm and teacup spring to mind.
latest report
Pedantica wrote:
admin, oh ffs, they were advertising all over your flippin' forum. Pack your bags, it's not too late.

Laughing
latest report
Feel like I've skied into a bit of a snow hole and better dig myself out...apologies to Admin. We have now put a link to SnowHeads and your logo...We have recently launched the on line site, Style Altitude , currently certainly not for any commercial gain!!!!- We really appreciate support/suggestions. Positive ones, if possible...
snow report
It looks like our own Weathercam is the publisher!
ski holidays
meh wrote:
The whole Locker Room/Powder Room thing is very cringeworthy. I guess if it's aimed at the kids on that sex & snow TV show who think being a 'lad' is the greatest thing on the planet then I can see the demographic but otherwise bleugh.

To quote:

"Lock up your bitches, the alpha male has arrived."

I find the whole site very cringeworthy, not somewhere I will be visiting again.
ski holidays
Quote:

I find the whole site very cringeworthy, not somewhere I will be visiting again.

Unfortunatly I agree.
snow conditions
Quote:

the section Locker Room which is mostly for guys (and for girls we have Powder Room).

F**k off. rolling eyes
ski holidays
I just don't get the gender apartheid thing on this site either. Narrow-minded, laden with stereotypes, and like others have said, cringeworthy. Confused
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
They've attributed the quotes to the posters, and they're not passing them off as their own work, nor are they charging people to read it.
The article is so much arsegas its pointless anyway, and the original thread is more likely to have more eyeballs on it than their reprint.

Plus they didn't use my comment so i'm upset Crying or Very sad .

I've just gone and found it, and you are quoted? Have they added that in after you posted this?
ski holidays
"currently certainly not for any commercial gain!!!"

Make your mind up although a website with that name would better off being linked to the scgb...
snow report
NickyJ, no, he was there from the outset; probably didn't read it carefully enough. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh dear.

"Our Style Altitude motto is: The better you look, the better you feel, the better you ride."

Lol. What Lizzard said rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy