Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rudy Project optical insert clip or similar....can't wear contacts anymore :-(

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am currently trying out some new hydrogel contacts but due to extremely dry eyes and high astigmatism I find them quite uncomfortable. I am now considering changing my usual set up (contacts/goggles/helmet) to something like the Rudy Project Rydon frame with changeable lenses (mirrored dark tint and orange) plus the optical clip which is inserted inside the frame. This could be quite a versatile set up...skiing, biking, running and general everyday use.

Anyone here use a similar setup for skiing? My main concern is fogging of the additional optical lenses and the gaper gap (brain freeze) on cold days when I probably will have to swap the helmet for a warm hat.

I know that there are also available optical clips for goggles (I have Smith I/OS) but the above seems more versatile as I only ski 2 weeks/yr.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowman, why would you need to swap the helmet for a warm hat on cold days? I find the helmet very warm and on cold days I add a silk balaclava. Nothing to do with contacts, but I recently bought new goggles and after dithering for ages about different colour lenses I bought some photochromatic ones, on the advice of an assistant in Snow and Rock. Only tried them in poor conditions in Tignes up to now, where they were very good. I didn't want to go down the route of interchangeable lenses. I do ski many weeks a year but I like to keep faff quotient as low as possible.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, +1 on the helmet issue. Much warmer than a woolly hat esp. with a buff underneath (which I use rather than your balaclava).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a similar set up to the Rudy Project Rydon for cycling but I use Cebe Cinetik with an optical insert. For skiing I have a Bolle optical insert which fit into a couple of different pairs of goggles I have. I don't think I'd want to wear the glasses for skiing, they're fine for cycling when it is dry but are very prone to misting up when it's wet. The goggles with inserts are much better in wet/snowy conditions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B, what is the field of vision like on your Cebe? The optical inserts look quite small. The lenses I am currently trying aren't a complete disaster (and I love my Smith goggles) so I am really torn which route to take. When you say they fog - is it between the prescription lens and the regular lens?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ive got Rudy Project Gozens with inserts - work really well ..... I wear helmet too.
Sure they can get steamy if you are stationary for a while and a bit awkward to clean if you get snow on them ..... but a good solution for my eyes !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowman, Field of vision is fine for biking. It is fogging between the lenses and water gets in too. They don't fit tightly to your face like goggles do. I've prescription sunglasses as well (not inserts) which are better but they are too dark for winter cycling.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy