Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys/girls,

I'm looking to organise a ski trip in February and was hoping you could give me some tips on where is good to go and if there are any benefits of going through a booking agent over booking it myself? I don't want to spend a fortune but also don't want to go too budget so any suggestions/recommendations welcome.

I should probably add to this that I am a snowboarder and my girlfriend is a skier so the resort must have a varied choice of terrain/runs to keep us both happy.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
go to austria, high, like st anton or ischgl. If you are early intermediates why not try andorra and save a few quid for the duty free shopping!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RJDubya, hello and welcome. The easy answer to your question is - it all depends on what you want from your trip. It also depends on when you want to go.
The risk is that you might be going at peak season, so the costs may well be up, and the availability may be down.
Do you want a big party scene, or off piste, or pretty scenery, or .......
If you are looking for value, you could wait and see what is available last minuite, but that will significantly limit your choices. Especially in peak season. But if you are not too worried about your resort, you could do that through a tour operator. If you wait, you might get a good last minute deal, but no choice as to accommodation or choice of resort. The trouble is, if you don't get anything you like, you may end up regretting your location or paying more for your choice at last minute.
If it were me, I would go for a large-ish resort but one not too popular with the British. Maybe Nassfeld or Ski Amade, and if it were me, I would book direct with a property owner and self-cater. Be careful about parting with money to someone unknown and check the accommodation exists. Use a credit card to pay if possible.
There are plenty of people on SnowHeads who can give you information on specific resorts in Ski Amade. Or look at what accommodation is available through other SnowHeads who may offer even you a discount

The bottom line is - 'It all depends on what is important to you and what you want to get out of the holiday'
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at http://www.hotel-sonnleitn.at/ or Mountain Sun (do a google search)
For Nassfeld, search for cheap flights to Lubljana
Try 'Propaganda' for Jasna
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy