Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which run is this in courchevel?

Poster: A snowHead
This is a long shot but thought if anyone can answer, the snowheads problaby can. I seen this while I was page hopping somewhere. It says it is in "courcheval"? does anyone know which run this is as I would love to do that run while I am there in January.

http://mpora.com/articles/12-of-the-best-resorts-for-beginners/7

[/img]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pyramides drag in 1650.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My guess is the image shows Monts Russes blue running beside the Pyramide draglift, as mentioned by Raceplate.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 16-12-13 22:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And it's Courchevel.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks Raceplate, Can't wait to give that one a whirl!

yes ansta I know it is courchevel but the people in the article called it courcheval that is why i put it in speech marks Laughing

If I find it, I will take a picture so we can put them side by side
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When my wife was first learning we spent a fab afternoon playing on that run. It's a very flattering run to ski, but IIRC it's actually rather too easy when you get past that first week. If you want a glorious swoopy motorway, then try Jurusalem over in the next valley. Heaven!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for Jerusalem
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jerusalem is two valleys away above St Martin.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 17-12-13 11:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hobbiteater wrote:
Jerusalem in two valleys away above St Martin.

As raceplate correctly identifies its the Pyramides drag at the top of Courchevel 1650 and the Monts Russes piste this side and Pyramides the other. There are two parallel drags that link to Roc Merlet to pop over Chanrossa and get into 1850.

I remember going up that once in April, about 2pm in the afternoon, I was the only "perche" out on the drag. I went off down Pyramide onto totally unskied corduroy from the night before with the thought "if I fall and break something here, they arent going to find me till 3AM when they next bash it"! It was lovely, always a favourite area (but I have many snowHead )
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agree with others - Courchevel Moriond (1650), drag lift - Pyramide, piste - Monts Russes...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For great reds in 1650 try Bel Air and the run to the left of it, has a chair of the same name, escapes me.... ahh alzheimers
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was lapping the run to the left of the Pyramide drag (Pyramide) on Saturday; Monts Russes wasn't open. This was the first day that 1650 was open and the snow of there was the best I encountered all week. Roc Mugnier was covered with powder as was the lower half of Ariondaz down to the Signal chair.

Unfortunately Jerusalem was closed all week.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, Chapelets?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, I looked it up. Couldn't remember it either!
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
For great reds in 1650 try Bel Air and the run to the left of it, has a chair of the same name, escapes me.... ahh alzheimers
I don't remember a run in 1650 called 'alzheimers' Confused
latest report
OP,

That whole area above 1650 is lovely for intermediates and a great choice when the resort gets busy. For better skiers there is also access to some good and less well known off-piste too...
snow report
jedster, indeed and the snow is generally good around there even if either slushy or icy elsewhere in the 3V.
ski holidays
Agree there. Mostly pretty good snow compared to the next valley over.
My wallet doesn't have alzheimers though, and is fully aware of the way it went from being slightly fat, full of €20 notes to very very slim, rather quickly.
snow report
Yeah, I really like Courchevel and have skied there more than anywhere (including a season back in the mists of time) but haven't been back for 9 years - prices are just crazy for a family in school holidays. When I'm not with the family I'm stealing a long weekend and go somewhere with a shorter transfer. It's a bit of a shame given that I know where to find all the secret little corners...
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:
+1 for Jerusalem

+2 Madeye-Smiley

Heart thumping, adrenalin rush piste.
snow report
Thanks all for the replies. Getting very excited now for our holiday at the end of Janaury. We are going to La Tania. Which is the best cruisy way to get over there from La Tania? Myself and my youngest son will be skiing. My older son and husband are taking snowboard lessons this year. Me and younger son really like to cruise so hopefully will be able to get plenty cruising done before we meet up with the daredevils, but hopefully with this being their first learning year on snowboards, it might slow them down a bit, well for 5 minutes hehe.

I am definitley going to try Jerusalem as lots of people say this is a great run. Both me and my son can parallel turn but we aren't that confident and just prefer cruising so tend to avoid red runs, unless we know for certain they are really easy reds. No off piste either thanks very much lol
ski holidays
polo99, follow the example of the other 2 and get some lessons. It will make ripping the reds huge fun.
latest report
polo99, Jerusalem's a red and a little bit of a trek from La Tania, but certainly doable.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy