Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

andorra fields-how much snow needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Searched for info on this but couldn't find any answers. Does anyone know what the ski fields are like in Andorra. For example, are they grazing fields like Austria or full of boulders like France. Only ask as looking at booking a last min hol there at begin of Jan (but going end of Jan) and want to know if I need to be looking at snow reports for loads of snow or will it be good conditions if 20cm falls. Looking at history, they had 150cm fall in Jan and heard that its their best snow for 20yrs. So do they need 150cm or will a little bit do and the 150cm was just a bonus? Finally, anyone know what conditions have been like so far this season? Some v good deals with crystal online so wouldn't mind going as looks to be lots of cruisy blues and some good excursions going on, not to mention 3 snow parks to watch some jumps. Thanks for any advice
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if your booking at the begging on Jan for the end of Jan then I dont think that classes as last minute so you wont be getting much of a discount and you wont have the advantage of knowing exactly where the snow is so your kind of loosing all the advantages of booking last minute.

Decide what week your going and book it 1 or 2 days before and just go where the snow is.

Sorry dont know anything about Andorra though
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

For example, are they grazing fields like Austria or full of boulders like France

rolling eyes What a good job they don't have cows in France. The poor boogers would starve to death.

medlington is right; a last minute booking isn't four weeks in advance. Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think at that time of the year you'd be spectactularly unlucky not to have decent on piste coverage. The grandvalira area is very well equipped with snow cannons and they are very good at piste maintenance. Even if there isn't a lot of natural snow, you'll find they still manage to keep most of it open. I was there for a late season weekend once and they managed to keep 90% of the resort open notwithstanding the fact that there was a heatwave up to 26 deg.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm with monkey, on this, they work hard on keeping runs open, mostly the runs are on grass or shale like tracks. >90% cannoned anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all reply. Never booked a holiday less than 5wks before due date. May leave it a bit closer then and are if gets cheaper. Found a nice hotel which is 550each so hoping for a bit cheaper deal. Otherwise its the the 350pound hotel! Want a cheap hol this year. Thanks again
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jon Ford, £550 for Andorra seems quite a lot if travelling off peak, although probably the going rate if it's a nice hotel.

Snow should be fine, I think they had a fair whack of snow early on, areas open since the end of Nov.

We went at Easter where it was getting patchy away from the pistes towards the end of the week after a few warm days. Plenty of coverage on piste though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Does anyone know what the ski fields are like ... full of boulders like France.

I thought that the French systematically removed or pulverised and compacted anything plus grande qu'une noisette sur leurs pistes.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to echo Hammerite's comments - they had a huge amount of snow in grandvalira early on, so there really isn't much risk of there being no snow in Jan. Even if no more snow falls, the snow cannons will just keep topping it up every night.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I thought that the French systematically removed or pulverised and compacted anything plus grande qu'une noisette sur leurs pistes

Loads of French pistes are on pasture.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sorry guys, I was told most french resorts were boulderised. I was using it more as an example for when I was looking at snowfall etc. Just wanted to know if Andorra needed a lot of snowfall. A havent been there before so wasnt sure what to expect-havent even booked yet, but looks like what I want. Dont hink will be as picturesque as Austria etc but if can get a 5* for £550 and a 4* for £320 Im not too fussed as long as skiing is good. Thanks again for all reasuurance. Nice to hear there has been a good dump already...hopefully will be as much snow as last year (but hopefully with a few more bluebird days when we are all away)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We went at Christmas 2 years ago. As we got on the plane there was no snow. By the next morning it was skiable and we sat on the mountain in the sun in t shirts on Christmas Eve. You'll have no probs. which resort/ hotels are you looking at? Highly recommend Princessa parc in Arinsal.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks jellybabe, we are looking at El Tarter/Soldeu resort. Seems to be a lot of good blues there (which we like) with a few tree lines. The snow park looks great fun (for me to watch, not jump...although I may try the air bag). Looked at Arinsol but a lot less runs. viewing a number of hotels. Needs to have a jacuzzi/pool for after the slopes (nice to relax too). Need to find a fine balance between cost and quality. A lot of the reviews (evem the 5* hotels) had medioka reviews about the food, so reviewers are either really fussy or food is luke warm. Still searching for the special place.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been to Soldeu and the grandvalira ski area is excellent, especially if you like lots of cruisey blues. You'll have a fantastic time Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Handy Turnip, Just booked the holiday., Staying in Piolets Park & Spa. Only £440 each half board (have to pay £10/day to use the spa but we budgetd £500 each for hotel, so cost of spa is in this budget.
Cant wait now. 4wks to go. They had some good snow fall a few days ago so as long as that keeps coming, it should be a good hol.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy