Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fire Strikes High Wycombe Dry Ski Slope

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pic: Bucks Free Press

A serious fire has struck High Wycombe Dry Ski Slope, the fire attracted 8 fire engines and 50 fireman, the fire appears to have started in a kitchen in the main building which has been completely gutted, first reports indicate that the Dendix slope is intact ... The original story was report by Bucks Free Press, with a few more details on Natives and SnowboardClubUK. A number of snowHeads are already on the case, as can be seen on this thread
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
very bad news for the young skidders in sat/sun morning schools for 1st holidays.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Typical! My wife phoned today to arrange a sledging party for my six year olds bithday on 29 December only to be told it was out of action due to the fire. We live in Ealing and lost Hillingdon ski slope first (anpother fire) and now this one. What a shame. Only went there a few times but it seemd like a good set up. My two children had their first lessons there before our first ski holiday. Hopefully they will be up and running again soon.

Has anyone used the dry slope at Sandown? Apparently they do sledging parties there.

Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
aidancostello,
Xscape at MK do sledging but dont know how the price would compare to a dry slope or Hemel do various party things.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks Linds,

They called back last night and said they hope to have a Portakabin in place within two weeks and the place up and running. Not sure if they will manage catering but will try to support them if it is feasible.

Will look into Hemel too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A tragedy. That was a beautiful building, imported from Finland I think.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
is it up and running yet?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No. Website still says they are closed. This year's dry-slope race calendar has just come out and the All England Ski Championship was planned to be at Wycombe in September - yet a new location is being sought, presumably because they are unlikely to be open again by then.

The local paper says they are looking to speed up their plans to have a snow slope as well/instead: http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/localnews/display.var.665878.0.dreaming_of_a_white_ski_slope.php

Don't understand it really - maybe something to do with the slope making a loss and if it's closed the losses can't get any worse? Wycombe has had a very checkered history. When it first opened, it soon shut again (for about a year IIRC) for the slopes to be totally remodelled and the matting they had chosen at the time to be replaced by dendix. Seemed okay for a few years, and then they went bust again, only to the taken over by the same people who run Tamworth Snowdome [they got that at a bargain price as well!].

Seems a bit poor really. When our local slope was taken out by a fire (albeit not quite as bad as Wycombe's), it was only a few days before it was operating again out of portacabins.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used to work there, and the future hype was that they were going to have snow slopes due to being bought out by Snowdome or some other company. Im sure this will still eventually happen when they rebuild there lodge.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy