Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best wheeled holdall

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to get new luggage as my suitcases are too heavy when empty (6 KG). Has any used wheeled holdalls before on a plane and did they hold up to the baggage handlers. I am looking for one that is lightweight and large enough to put about 2 1/2 weeks worth of winter clothes, a ski helmet and possibly ski boots. Can you recommend any good quality lightweight wheeled holdalls that has a detachable shoulder strap.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bought two Nevica holdalls for the kids and I've been very impressed with them.

Two end compartments take a ski boot in each (Size 11 ski boots just fit) The main compartment has plenty room for clothes and is deep enough for a helmet. Think my daughter has travelled on 10 flights so far with this bag and its still in great shape. Best of all it was only about £25.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-large-ski-holdall-400097?colcode=40009747
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you. I will have a look at the bag in the shops and see if it is the right size for me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
muppet, do you know what it's capacity is in litres? The website isn't that helpful.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ, but it does have the dimensions, and you can make an educated guess, which is about 100 litres
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have no idea because none of the site seemed to tell you the litre capacity. Probably best to look at it in the shops.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can easily convert the dimensions in cm to volume in litres
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think they said they were about the 100 litres. My husband bought 2 Dakine split rollers for us a while back which are a LOT more expensive and are still 100 litre bags but we can't get as much in them as the cheap Nevica bags. (He has a matching luggage obsession and bought them to match the Dakine Concourse ski bag) rolling eyes

The layout/compartments of the Nevica bag just seems to work much better when packing. If you need photos let me know.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all. We have a large head hold all which I have been using for 20 yrs and still going strong, but now we are lugging the kids stuff, as well as ours and that I have a busted shoulder I have been looking for an equivalent with wheels.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone got any more suggestions to what wheeled holdall to get.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have a couple of Rossignol ones which we've had for ages. One of them is about 10 years old now, as I think I bought them on recommendation from someone on here at the very beginning of the forum. The other two were bought a couple of years later. pretty similar to the Nevica ones.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks. Where did you get your holdalls from.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tdaulphi, it is so long ago, I'm not really sure, but one of the online outdoor places. My emails in Gmail only search back to 2006. Laughing Laughing

Possibly some of them came from Outdoor Megastore.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I bought one of these for my holiday in Feb.

http://www.trespass.com/pulley-01383

two zipped compartments for boots at either end. 80 litres capacity. it has got two wheels, but no 'fixed' handle (shoulder strap doubles to 'pull').

Not in the Dakine league, but good value for the price.....

ebay has some different colours

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trespass-PULLEY-80L-Trolley-Bag-Wheeled-Luggage-Case-Holdall-BLUE-or-GREY-/170766964860

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 23-05-14 18:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bought one of these from a snowhead second hand and was that impressed I got another full price. Rather dis-chuffed to see the price in this sale item, but it might help someone. NB, it doesn't have the requested detachable shoulder strap that was requested.

http://www.ldmountaincentre.com/walk-hike-c1/bags-c44/travel-packs-c45/north-face-longhaul-26-p7821/s26330?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=north-face-tnf1028-longhaul-26-size-one-26793009010&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&gclid=CMnCzpnMwr4CFe3JtAodNjQAMg
snow report
We use an old Karrimor clamshell type roller and a new Salomon Container 100. The Salomon is massive and can easily take my wife's kit for a two week ski holiday, including her boots. I wouldn't worry about a shoulder strap if I were you, once you've filled it you really won't want it hanging off your shoulder. My old Nevisport roller bag died last year after about 15 year's of use, so I don't think any reasonable quality bags will have any problems with airport bag handlers.
snow conditions
Tdaulphi, have a look at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104918&highlight= bag still available, we have changed to tog24 bags as we can get enough for clothing for 10 days in them and our boots DEVIL 121L ROLLER, also had the Snokart kargo but it was too big for my needs, but a great bag lost of capacity
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy