Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ortovix 3+ Transciever

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about getting one of these as my first transceiver as I've read about its ease of use and really prefer the look of it compared to the BCA one
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have one I'm toying with selling, just 1 week's use if you are interested.

Simple to use and has a multi burial function that the old BCA's don't.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was looking at getting the full kit with probe and shovel for about £270ish which I thought was a decent deal

Why you selling?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Since BD bought out Pieps, they've re-engineered their beacons and all reviews say to the much better, then chopped a big chunk of change off the price http://www.amazon.com/Pieps-DSP-Sport-Avalanche-Transceiver/dp/B00FUXTDT6/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1387132782&sr=1-1&keywords=Pieps+DSP+Sport&tag=amz07b-21 . . . that's about £170.00

edit. Before you buy a 'pukka avalanche shovel' check B&Q etc. I bought a fully collapsible metal snow shovel in the auto section of 'Home Depot' over here for $10 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1873Chris, I use the 3+. Thankfully never had to use it in an emergency, but i've practised with it and it is easy to use and picks up a good signal. Like most things though, just find one you are comfortable with and practise using it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's why I liked it I just felt like it was easy to use and liked how it looked and would want to be comfortable with it if I had to use it in a crisis moment
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1873Chris, I have an option for a good price on a new one.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do reveal more?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PM sent.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great transceiver, have one for circa 2 years, great device. Thankfully, I've never had to use it in anger, but I've done loads of practices & drills with it and it's very reliable and easy to use.

Swapped it for an s1 I had initially, after the s1 had some issues with the screen, I am much happier with this device.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
1873Chris, I've seen an Ortovox zoom and that is also easy to use if that's any help.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's me bought the kit with transceiver, probe and shovel for £279 from facewest

Seemed like a great deal to me Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy