Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freestyle insurance, help please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just getting into freestyle skiing, mainly because of DD aged 11, and need to change to a policy that will give us the right cover. Dogtag excludes aerobatics which I guess means freestyle. Fogg doesn't work for us because the medical limitations for pre-existing conditions.

Snowcard looks a possibility at £200 (multi-trip). How does Snowcard compare to the others?

Any other ideas?

Thanks
saxo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IME Snowcard would be a good option.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last time I looked at this, for my son....Snowcard was the 'only' option. Many insurers, esp the cheaper ones, exclude park skiing completely. Snowcard was the only one I could find that made their level of cover clear.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a talk with the people at http://www.click4quote.com/travel-insurance/wintersports-travel-insurance.aspx Their standard (ski) policy excludes racing, but they were prepared to add this at zero cost. They may be willing to do similar for freestyle.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try MPI Brokers. If their online quote doesn't cover it ring them and they'll get you a manual quote. Got me a decent price for 90 days skiing this winter.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Claude B, I spoke to MPI some months back re racing as they have so many double-negatives in their T&Cs it's hard to see what is included and what is not. In their wording freestyle and racing are mentioned in the same paragraph (Endorsement 1) and I would not go with what they state on the website as that is unclear, but yes by all means ring them and get it confirmed (ideally in print) what they will actually cover.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Watching with interest - just discovered the reworded language in our renewal policy procludes any freestyle, and is very cagey about "off-piste" and avalanche cover... Won't be renewing with them...

Looking at DogTag although I know some people have had issues with their wording too...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for snowcard. I just booked annual insurance through them after booking two trips on a one-off fee basis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the input. I'm going with Snowcard for what I hope I won't need but if I do that it does what's needed.

4 sleeps to ski. And snow is forecast!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy