Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve Masters Ski Race

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, could really do with some help and guidance please. I'm hoping to compete at the GB run Megeve event this coming Feb. I don't know the area at all and I'm searching for reasonable priced accommodation in the right location for the 2 races. I'm travelling with my coach so need somewhere for the 2 of us? Has anyone any experience of this particular event and the area?

Would be great to hear any stories from other GB masters who have competed at this event.

Many thanks in advance!

Tim Garlick Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tim garlick, I have done the Megeve race several times, Fattes13 and briand6868 have also raced there.

The races are all at Cote2000, you may manage to get there early enough using the free bus but most people drive up. What kind of accommodation are you looking for ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tim garlick, you could contact Simon Butler, who is a Masters competitor himself and coincidentally owns two hotels in Megève. I'm sure he'd do you a good deal!

http://www.simonbutlerskiing.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi rjs, thanks for quick reply, I guess anything that will house myself and coach for a week, self catering and to be able to service skis? We intend to drive to resort with all the gear, so getting to the race area should be ok?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's a good start, many thanks laundryman, email on its way to Simon! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tim garlick, when in February?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, First weekend.

tim garlick, If you want self catering then I would look at Praz sur Arly, it will be a fair bit cheaper than Megeve. You may find it difficult to get anything other than Sat-Sat though, in the past I have just used a hotel for the final Saturday.

If you are planning to train during the week then you should contact Gilles Fossoud, head of Megeve Club des Sports.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok, great help here, we where planning to travel out on the Sunday 26th Jan for training then leave after the race on Sunday the 2nd feb? Am I likely to get a hotel for one night to carry us through to the Sunday race? Thanks again for your support
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tim garlick, I stayed here for the Saturday night last time, I have also stayed here several times.

There used to be training organized by the British Masters group but I got fed up with arguing with Parisian punters over whether they could ski the courses or not so hasn't happened the last couple of years.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tim garlick, Hi Tim, pm sent to you re Megeve races.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy