Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel Insurance for EU Residents

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

Anyone help me out?

I've drawn a complete blank trying to find travel insurance for EU (not UK!) residents that covers you for skiing outside resort boundaries (even with a guide!), let alone ski touring.

I'm looking for something like the BMC insurance I had when I was based in the UK.

Austrian Alpine club covers rescue/repatriation, but only €10,000 towards medical bills, and no cancellation cover or baggage (not so fussed about that) cover.

Anyone know anyone??!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loads of threads on this subject but for cost effectiveness go for a cheap basic insurance plus the ACC for your off piste.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All the threads, IIRC, are for people based in the UK. If I understand correctly, clarky999, being based in Austria, is after something European based.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn't the BMC accept EU address memberships?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, I started using these guys when I was living in Germany for the same reasons as you. It's a German company but they will cover you from anywhere in Europe. I'm now back in the UK but continue to use them as think it's a fair price and they seem to have a reasonable attitude yo off piste /touring. You can tailor make your policy by paying for the bits that are important to you.

www.ski-online.de/ski-insurance.html
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gämsbock, thanks, I'll check them out.

Masque, BMC only cover UK residents, which is annoying as I'm a member anyway.

Avalanche Poodle, I don't think there are any threads for non-UK-resident insurance. My Alpenverein insurance will cover pretty much everything, but if the worst happens and I break a leg or something in Japan, I imagine the costs of an operation and hospital stay may well significantly exceed the €10,000 limit. Or maybe I'm wrong?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999, I had cover from the ADAC when I went paragliding in South Africa. I also have annual insurance from another provider which was recommended by my paragliding club, Die Europäische Rieseversicherung AG. They seem to cover people for so-called extreme sports.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999,

could you ask the BMC who their broker and underwriters are and try and go direct, although it may not be cheap.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe if you use google.at you could find what insurance an Austrian skier going to Japan would have. I'd agree that €10K might not be enough to cover serious accidents, intensive care, long stay, services of your own personal rehab geisha, etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy