Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salt Lake City Flights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, does anyone know if you can fly direct to Salt Lake City from the UK?

I'm sure I can trawl through all the thousands of flight offers on line, but I'm sure a wise snow head will already know the answer.

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jph123 wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if you can fly direct to Salt Lake City from the UK?

I'm sure I can trawl through all the thousands of flight offers on line, but I'm sure a wise snow head will already know the answer.

cheers

skyscanner.net put in london, SLC and it'll return on the left whether it's direct, 1 change etc

Didn't give me a direct option for a saturday in march..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jph123,Dont think you can, but we prefer to go via our local airport anyway, 15 mins away routed through Amsterdam. total travel time last year was 16 hours. Best way to get there is route through Seattle or Portland wink Seattle though can be a pain clearing immigration.

Salt lake is such an easy airport to use too, unlike some US airports. When are you thinking of going ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jph123,
I've answered this on your other thread - you've posted the question twice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I've answered this on your other thread - you've posted the question twice.

There's no direct flight with Delta, or any other airline http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/destinations-and-airlines

jph123 I'd recommend going with KLM or Virgin via the usual US connections New York, Chicago Atlanta etc. I book it every January that way
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I found a direct Delta flight on Opodo this morning, for next September... Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I found a direct Delta flight on Opodo this morning, for next September...

Assuming the OP is going to Salt Lake City to ski during the winter, presently Heathrow have no direct flights to SLC according to their website and the SLC site. I book those flights every year in January and it's always necessary to connect in the US or some European airport

Unless he is planning to go in September 2014, then I stand corrected.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister wrote:
I found a direct Delta flight on Opodo this morning, for next September... Puzzled

You might find when you check all the details it isn't Confused Had this myself before, thinking I had a direct flight and booked it, later they confirmed the details and it went via another airport. I did have the chance to cancel because of this.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I passed my ski plans to an "old school" high street travel agent while passing at lunchtime today, and I can confirm no direct flights exist. But BA do a direct to Denver flight so might look at some other options over there. I've 2 weeks free mid Jan and just fancied some USA skiing as never skied there before.

Any other USA suggestions for ski in ski out cruising?

I'm after direct flights as my last 2 Canadian trips with connections were both problematic, lost skis on one, missed connection leading to overnight stopover on the other. So just looking at hassle free, get on, get off, go ski flights etc.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sundance Film Festival is happening there from the 16th - 26th January so book your accommodation ASAP if you're planning to go mid-January.

If you go to anything in the festival, try to see Frank! http://www.thewrap.com/sundance-premieres-roger-ebert-whitey-bulger-documentaries-the-raid-two
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jph123, If you would consider Canada - Canadian Affair fly Gatwick to Vancouver and Calgary direct and there is no charge for skis and boots!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jph123 wrote:
I passed my ski plans to an "old school" high street travel agent while passing at lunchtime today, and I can confirm no direct flights exist. But BA do a direct to Denver flight so might look at some other options over there. I've 2 weeks free mid Jan and just fancied some USA skiing as never skied there before.

Any other USA suggestions for ski in ski out cruising?

Denver is as good a destination as any. And this year is shaping up to be a good snow year. Really, for cruising terrain, Colorado is better than Utah anyway so Denver is actually a better shot.

From Denver, you have ... too many to list!

Of the ski-in/ski-out kind, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Vail and Beaver Creek comes to mind first. All have extensive cruising terrain by US standard. Snowmass is another one, a bit longer transfer from Denver. Not as extensive as Vail but no crowd. If you don't mind taking the ski bus, there're even more options.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy