Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A few hours in before transfer home?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Off to Tignes tomorrow Very Happy , but was looking at the transfer details for the transfer back from Tignes to Geneva, and I have to be at the bus stop at 10:40am, my flight itself is 19:15 - so if the transfer takes around 4 hours max, i'll be at geneva for 5 hours doing diddly squat. Would i be able to get at least an hour or 2 in before the transfer in the morning?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That transfer time doesn't make sense - you could have got in a morning skiing. My guess is that it is a tie-in with a flight the bus has to meet.
Well, you could get in an hour anyway. Or if you don't shower, and catch the bus in your ski clothes (you could change and repack at the airport!) - then you could do more (depending when the first lift opens).
Mind you, it sounds like you badly need more snow. Hope it arrives soon!

Personally I prefer to go to Tignes (and the other Tarrentaise resorts) on the overnight train (with couchettes) in which case you get 2 extra days of skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sn00boarder, 34.50 euro for 2hrs boarding (assuming that half day passes are available for morning sessions)?

Working backwards:

Flight 19:15
Check in 17:15
Tignes - GVA 3hrs by coach (lets say 4hrs just in case) 13:15

Sort your own transfer leaving at 13:00 and you may get an extra 4hrs.

Additional cost of own transfer plus half day or possibly full day lift pass - seems a bit desperate to me.

Alternatively, last night on the lash and have a lie in on the last morning Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I booked it with Action-outdoors, so the transfer to/from has been paid. Its with Simply-Transfers - the times that they have are
Departs: Tignes UCPA : 10H40
Arrives: GENEVE - Airport : 15h00Bus

Departs: Tignes UCPA : 14H40
Arrives: GENEVE - Airport : 18h30

Departs: Tignes UCPA : 16H40
Arrives: GENEVE - Airport : 20h30

The whole reason i got a flight back late was to get a few hours in the morning.... rolling eyes Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sn00boarder, Appreciate that you've already paid for a transfer back but it really depends on how much you want that additional morning. If your flight departs at 19:15 then you could take a risk and get the 14:40 bus but there's a good chance you'd miss check-in. Not a risk I'd want to take.

Perhaps you could geg in on someone else's transfer a bit later in the morning?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sn00boarder, you've really got to aim for the something like the 21.30 LGW to make the most of your last day. Next time... snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy