Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski carriage charges/fees?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have always paid for ski carriage, but I get the impression that check-in staff (particularly on the return journey !) don't seem to care/check if you have paid
for this service. The only person I have ever seen taking an interest has been the company representative.

Has anybody turned up for their flight, with skis, not having paid for ski carriage ? (and what happened......!)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 13-12-13 21:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep. Got charged £45 instead of £30.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sad Embarassed Shocked .......!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, A mate did a couple of years ago and the airline wouldn't take them. Had to have them couriered, and it was an arm-and-a-leg I seem to recall. Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They have always checked my ticket before putting a baggage tag on them IME. My return trips have mainly been through Innsbruck or Salzburg, in both of which you check in skis before going to the main check in desk, and they certainly check your tickets when you are checking in the skis.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only flown with skis on Lufthansa, Swiss and KLM.
Essentially free (LH and I think KLM, want you to call a hot line to tell them you're bringing skis - so that's about €1 phone bill and 5mins of time).
Turn up, tell them you have 1 bag and skis/boots to check in, get on plane.

I wouldn't do that on charter flight, EZY, o'leary's bunch, etc. and on Flybe, I probably wouldn't bother with skis and definitely wouldn't even think about a coffin bag.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easyjet are very good and clear. They just weighed my skis then tell you to go to large baggage drop off.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,

Quick question that I hope someone may be able to help with. I am flying soon with Swiss and am taking skis. Swiss say that you are allowed 23kg but ski carriage is free. So does the weight of the skis count towards the 23kg or is it just the suitcase?

I doubt I will be close to the limit, but don't want to get a nasty shock in the airport if I am!

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just the suitcase. skis+boots+helmet are free and extra. lufthansa (who I think own swiss) are exactly the same.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gosh. 23kg PLUS skis,boots and helmets. Useful for self-caterers, I suppose - a couple of you could take masses of stuff in that big an allowance.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I found that in italy they only check that you have got ski carriage, not bothered how many sets are in your bag..unlike uk
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I only booked one way , did not see the option to book skis for the return , Caused a lot of trouble at Geneva on return , they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg , eventually paid them about 50 euros .
have now got a ski bag on wheels and put all the kit in there , only just manage to get under 23 kilos with ski boots in carry on .
You need to watch out when buying ski bags as some are very heavy and thus defeat the object.
Flying charter on Jan 11th and I think that limit is only 20 Kilos , all a bit of a con .
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought some skis of ebay earlier this month (endure rxt750's) :: I was just going to turn up at the airport and risk it, but have bottled out (given some of the replies to my original post..!) and paid neilsons their £35........
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy