Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski equipment excess fees for 9 airlines compared

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ryanair now charge £50 each way (almost double what easyJet charge) to carry your skis ... but beware airlines that 'include' skis in the overall weight allowance because, if that's exceeded, the excess fees can be very high too ...

http://www.travelbite.co.uk/travel-news/2013/12/13/airline-s-ski-equipment-fees-revealed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about US airlines - they charge huge amounts internally. I'm nut sure about from Europe: it used to be they didn't charge but I know they were threatening to a few years ago..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you book an in-country segment on the same ticket (not necessarily on the same day etc) as a transatlantic leg then the transatlantic baggage rules cover the in-country leg too, so you do not pay extra.

If you book them separately (which can be cheaper if you book in dollars on the web, say), then you have the same rules and regs as the locals booking that flight. Which vary from airline to airline.

I don't see any problems with any of this - it's business. If you're booking scheduled, then obviously if you carry tons of stuff you pay extra for it, but snow sports gear isn't "tons of stuff". I carry multiple snowboards plus heavy photography gear and it's all included in the ticked price, although it's certainly not "free".

For cheapo short haul stuff, it's crazy to look at anything other than the total cost. We don't separate out even the taxes for long haul, so why slice and dice the short haul stuff? If you're travelling with gear, the price is the price you pay, add it up and take your pick.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
philwig wrote:
For cheapo short haul stuff, it's crazy to look at anything other than the total cost. We don't separate out even the taxes for long haul, so why slice and dice the short haul stuff? If you're travelling with gear, the price is the price you pay, add it up and take your pick.

In long haul flights, the portion due to such "add-on" are small compare to the total cost. In other words, a cheaper ticket even with high extra charge is likely to be still cheaper than another airline with higher ticket cost. So it doesn't change which airline one chooses to fly with. (not to mention some airline "throw in" a free bag for trans-atlantic flights)

In cheapo short haul flights, the bag charges dominates. So having a table of such charges is important so one can compare the total cost more handily.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy